PDA

View Full Version : Taking notes on your opponents....SF% vs vp$ip

sublime
05-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Which is the better indicator of your opponents tightness/looseness?

I would think it is vp$ip due to the nature of posting out of position. I am interested to hear what other have to say.

JDErickson
05-05-2004, 06:44 PM
I use SF% just because I'm a creature of habit and thats what I'm used to. I've heard VPIP is much more accurate though.

Jim

pretender2k
05-06-2004, 04:15 AM
I like VP$IP and the new one on PT - raise with. I have it set at the top 7 hands. You will find some amazing results in this one. I had one tonight who had a PFR of 10% and every one was suited. Some good but also things like K9s and Q8s. I reraised a lot of his raises.

sublime
05-06-2004, 06:56 AM
Pokertracker is a Godsend /images/graemlins/smile.gif

afk
05-06-2004, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like VP$IP and the new one on PT - raise with. I have it set at the top 7 hands. You will find some amazing results in this one. I had one tonight who had a PFR of 10% and every one was suited. Some good but also things like K9s and Q8s. I reraised a lot of his raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just noticed that last night and decided to try it. One of my regulars (about 500 hands, pfr ~ 0) had AA as his only raised hand. Well he raised to my right, my hand stunk so I didn't play anyways, but sure enough he had AA. Obviously it's very player dependant on how accurate your read will be, but this tool sure helps.

Webster
05-07-2004, 07:26 AM
I 1st look at VP$IP - then I look at PFraise % - then I go deeper and look at AG WITHOUT PF.

For instance - I see somebody with VP$IP in the 25% range it tells b=me that they have a clue. HOWEVER - if their PF raise % is 1% it says scared money or timid.

What if they have PF raise of 9%, HOWEVER, theit AG without PF% of 0.32. Tells me they don't have a clue on how to play AFTER the flop!!