PDA

View Full Version : hand 3

ProfLupin
05-05-2004, 06:00 PM
My raises had been getting lots of respect after a run of great cards...is KJo an UTG raising hand or muck?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

River: (11.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13.25 BB, between BB and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (13.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Kh 3c (one pair, kings).
CO shows Ad Ac (one pair, aces).
Outcome: CO wins 13.25 BB. </font>

Catch of the Day
05-05-2004, 10:45 PM
If your raises were getting a lot of respect Pf, then I would fold the flop cap. I mean this guy who knows you only raises premiums is capping you on the flop. To me the this says set, or overpair...

And I would be more apt to raise if my raises were getting a lot of respect. (assuming they are playing weak/tight against you)

I would raise about 30% of the time. As a rule, I try to look for excuses to throw away hands like these, (out of position, 6-handed) not reason to play them...

Catch-

mat
05-05-2004, 11:05 PM
the raise bf is ok in that situation but like cotd said rarely. you were beat after the flop action lay down save those last two calls invenst in a better situation