PDA

View Full Version : I am a tilting maniac

PokerNoob
05-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) UTG+1 has been caught ep raise J7o and other trash. Nobody respects his raises. I thought if I coldcalled, it would induce coldcalls behind, particularly with the post+dead. Stupid. This is a form of tilt. SB has $7 when the hand starts.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets $1 (All-In)</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

River: (11.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls. There is way too much trash he could be playing for me not to raise. He's too much of a bluffer for me not to cap. Tilt!

Final Pot: 19.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 7.75 BB, between UTG+1, Hero and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+1 (7.75 BB).</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 11.50 BB, between UTG+1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+1 (11.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Kd Ad (one pair, jacks).
UTG+1 shows 9d 9c (full house, nines full of jacks).
Hero shows 7h Ah (flush, ace high).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 19.25 BB. </font>

asdf1234
05-05-2004, 03:41 PM
I would 3 bet or fold preflop, leaning towards folding.

Bob T.
05-05-2004, 03:53 PM
I don't like your play preflop. If he has been raising all that junk, you are likely way ahead, why don't you threebet him to isolate, and plan on showing down your Ace high hand, no matter what happens.

After the good stuff happens, put in a bunch of bets, just like you did.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Chris Daddy Cool
05-05-2004, 04:00 PM
3bet preflop to isolate. Raise the flop. Raise the river, and I'd probably cap it too. He just happened to actually have a hand this time. It happens. Just remember, you gotta punish the loose raisers.

Chris

PokerNoob
05-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed). Just a few hands later. MP3 is a decent player who has been bemoaning beats, including one against me when I flopped a gutshot and turned the straight in a big family pot. MP2 is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. The rest are nondescript.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, SB folds. I actually fear JJ enough to not checkraise the turn here. I wonder though, if this is actually not a better line with our cally friend MP2. I've seen a high pocket fold to the checkraise here just yesterday.

River: (16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls. Decided to go for the sure bet and calls rather than try to checkraise MP3, although I'm pretty sure MP2 would drop if faced with two cold. So probably same difference.

Final Pot: 19 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 19 BB, between Hero, MP2 and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (19 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 3c 3d (three of a kind, threes).
MP2 shows Jh Td (one pair, jacks).
MP3 shows Kh Kd (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 19 BB. </font>

tripdad
05-05-2004, 06:10 PM
i like the 3-bet preflop to isolate, but there is no way you can seriously advocate raising the flop against a maniac with a draw.

the way to beat these guys is to call down if you can beat a bluff and raise with monsters. the reason is that you can never put them on a hand. see post by BobT.

the river cap is debateable, but i would just call because these freaks know you aren't folding to a 3-bet, so they DO have a hand.

cheers!