PDA

View Full Version : Risking a free card, part II...

06-25-2002, 04:35 PM
I get dealt AQo three off the button. I open raise. BB calls. FLOP comes Ah-As-7h. BB checks, I bet, he calls. TURN Ah-As-7h--7c. BB checks, I check. Comments?

How many would check the flop?

06-25-2002, 05:14 PM
i like it....they may not put you on it. who bets trips on the flop? couldnt have it. many wait til the turn. then kill theyre action with the raise. gee...wonder what he has...

the check on the turn is nice, since it may induce a bluff on the river by a lesser hand, or he may call a bet if he checks to you. he may fold to the turn bet, so you may gain an extra bet on the turn.

nice play

b

06-25-2002, 06:13 PM
I would never check the flop. I would probably bet the turn hoping that he'll checkraise me with a 7. He may checkraise you with the case Ace in which case you could be freerolling if he has A6-A2. If he has A8-AK, then either of you could get lucky on the river.

06-25-2002, 06:48 PM
River was a 9. A-A-7--7--9.

He checked, I bet, he hesitated and called. He had K9o.

06-25-2002, 07:03 PM
Heads up he's likely to call, putting you on a steal.

06-25-2002, 11:38 PM
depends on how bad his hand is. may as well give him some doubt and check the turn. make him think you were trying to buy it...

from the results, id almost be sure hed be folding the turn to a bet with what he had...

player dependent...if the player is capable of stealing and getting tricky, then he may call, if hes str8 forward, hell think your betting the way he may bet, and figure you as a good hand and dump...many players try to see reflection of their game in others games, instead of knowing how a player may play different. they never get to that next level of thinking. so sometimes ya have to think a little more simple.

this can also be a fault of better players. thining that others are playing great and have read and studied. most players dont. so i wont tend to give them credit for it until i see proof by the way they play.

something to watch for...

b

06-26-2002, 12:10 AM
hehehehehe.... my favorite play for a while was to call top pair on the flop with a pair on board, and then check raise the turn.

lots of fun.

course i bet when i flop trips to, but they dont notice.

tom c.