PDA

View Full Version : advice on problem hands in the blinds, family pot

Don_Lapre
05-05-2004, 12:52 PM
What are some people's advice on how to play borderline hands in the blinds, during the early stages of a SNG, with a lot of preflop callers. For instance say your playing a No-Limit $10 +1 SNG at Partypoker, you get dealt KQ offsuit or AJ offsuit in the little blind with 7 callers preflop, in the first or second stage of the tournament. This situation comes up a lot and I'm never sure how to play it. Sometimes I limp in too and see what the flop brings, although I feel like this play is weak. Sometimes I make a decent raise but then if I get callers I'm out of position and it can be tough to play if I miss the flop. And sometimes any early position limper has a big hand and reraises forcing me to fold or be in bad shape if I decide to call. Any thoughts?

DL

Rick Diesel
05-05-2004, 01:15 PM
KQ off and AJ off are pretty crappy hands. Raising is a mistake unless you are relatively sure you can steal the blinds. If you get called, you are out of position and will probably be behind to start with. I would tend to limp in and hope to flop top two or better or dump it.

Rick Diesel