PDA

View Full Version : What about this c/r?

Saborion
05-05-2004, 10:20 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Do you bet out with this hand?

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

River: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8 BB, between Hero and MP.</font>

Apocalypse
05-05-2004, 10:39 AM
im sorry but i think this not good play. I'd bet out the flop to get info (being raised warns you of an A) and hopefully take the pot right there. You don't want to checkraise the turn in case of a possible 3-bet by a 6 or a call by an A. So yeah, you represent the six by checkraising, what does that give you? It won't scare an A away(except for absolute rocks maybe) and probably not even the Jacks at 1/2 party. They'll just call you down. What purpose could this have? If you checked through the flop, you should bet the turn imo (for a slightly bigger chance of taking the pot down since it "looks" like there are no aces), and fold to a raise cuz about anything beats you here. Perhaps you could explain your thoughts, so i can understand better.

Saborion
05-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Well I'm very new to sh, but since no one bet the flop, the MP bet the turn and CO folded, I didn't put the MP on an A, so by check-raising, I might be able to take this down by representing either an A or a 6.