PDA

View Full Version : Oh man, BB top pair no kicker...Vol 1 No2

06-25-2002, 12:14 AM
Not that a kicker seems like it should matter with a top pair of 5's, but here is the hand which was played online 1-2 Paradise....

8c5c in the BB

you get a free player after 2 players limp and the SB comes along...4 to the flop for 4 bets

flop is 5h 4s 2c you go for a check raise and it gets checked around (I know I made a mistake by failing to bet this small pot, but opponents in this game would call regardless on this type of flop so I thought there was a reasonable chance I could get in a check raise for protection)

Turn comes [5h 4s 2c] Kc

What is your play?

Allan

06-25-2002, 12:58 AM
Allan,

I would have bet the flop, but oh well, where are we now.

You got the flush outs, you got top pair on the flop, and for all you know your hand is still best. Bet, and call with you flush outs.

Good luck,

Play well,

Bob T.

06-25-2002, 04:11 AM

06-25-2002, 11:29 AM
I would just check. Yeah...you have outs, but the King probably made someone...

Definately a scenario of who will call versus who will fold. Any King will call or reraise, and club flush will call. The only favorable situation I see is someone with a 3 calling, but still...I think it is likely that you will chase out people who can't beat you and thin the crowd to people who have you beat. Also, you have to worry about KJ(or better) re-raising. I would check to get the free card or to only spend 1BB on the card. I just don't see winning this pot by betting in a paradise 1-2 game.