PDA

View Full Version : AQ off UTG

06-24-2002, 11:16 PM
2-4 online, Fairly tight game, at the time of this hand, 17% seeing the flop, and most hands being settled without a showdown.

UTG, I hold AQ off, I open raise, and get three bet by middle position. I call, and it goes to the flop headsup.

Flop AJ7, no suits. I bet and get called.

Turn J. I bet and get called.

River K. board is now AKJJ7 and it is my turn, I dont know any hands that can three bet the flop, call bets twice, and call on the river except for maybe QQ. I checked here, with the intention of calling, my opponent checked behind, I showed and won. Comments?

Thanks for your responses.

Good luck,

Play well,

Bob T.

06-24-2002, 11:49 PM
Your thoughts on the river seem correct. They might also apply to the turn.

06-25-2002, 01:12 AM
Lig Lury,

You are right I may very well be behind on the turn, but I decided to bet anyway. I could still imagine being ahead of KK and QQ, and maybe he has a smaller pocket pair, and I want all of them out. The big reason for not betting on the river, is not that I necessarily think that I am beat, I just think that if I bet and am called, I have to be beat.

Thanks for your response,

Good luck,

Play well,

Bob T.

06-25-2002, 03:41 AM
Your bets, particualrly the turn bet are more likely to be correct if you can fold to a raise and be sure that you are making the correct decision. If on the other hand you are raised and are not sure what to do, you should be more inclined to check and call since your opponent may automatically bet a weaker hand than yours on both the flop and the turn.

06-25-2002, 04:07 AM