PDA

View Full Version : Happy with today

cianosheehan
05-04-2004, 10:29 PM
After my approximately break even night, I read advice which was in response to my initial post ("How loose am I?"). After about 5 - 6 hours of play today, playing mostly on 3 tables, and towards the end on 4, I made profit of between $25-$30, on .25/.5 on Poker Stars. I'm happy with this result. I tightened up my game considerably, folding most small pocket pairs, Ace x's, and K 10's etc. With good high cards, good flops, and high pairs, I played the usual aggressive way. I'm starting to learn just to let good hands go, when I feel they are beaten but want to stick with it. In saying that, there were a few hands that I should have let go but didnt, and this turned out for the worse, but in some cases, the better. This is an example of some of the hands that I was not sure of how best to play them. All advice most welcome
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero raises, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: (8.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (7.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 6h 6s (one pair, sixes).
Hero shows Ah Kh (high card, ace).
Outcome: BB wins 9.70 BB. </font>

P.S I have doubled posted this post, just incase it has been lost in yesterdays thread!

Zetack
05-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Interesting hand, one of our most common situations and still one of the trickiest.

I like your Pf and flop play. On the turn, its real tempting to bet here after they they both check to you. If you have one opponent I say do it, if you have three definitely take the free card...with two? A harder call. Most of the time, take the free card. You're on a draw, its not even a monster draw just a draw to TpTk.

A bet on the turn is a really a bluff verging on semi bluff-- If its a close call between betting and not betting and the bet is a bluff, I think about those who say don't bluff in micro, and just check.

--Zetack