PDA

View Full Version : 4-bet before you with QQ

06-24-2002, 12:23 PM
Online 3/6. I am in the SB with QQ. EP limps, then the fireworks start. MP raises, cutoff 3-bets and the button 4 bets. Who plays this and who folds?

I decided to play. BB folded but all others called. 5 to the flop for 20 bets.

flop 9c 7h 3d.

I bet, ep called, MP calls, cut-off raises, button 3-bets. This was probably my last chance to get out, but I couldn't fold my overpair. I called, ep folds, mp calls and cutoff caps. Everyone calls.

turn (9c 7h 3d) Jc

I check, MP bets all-in, cut-off raises again. button calls, I call.

river (9c 7h 3d Jc) 6s

I check cut-off bets, button raises all-in. I call, cutoff raises one more time and I call. I had just lost it by the end, but I think the turn call was justified even with only two outs.

Cutoff had 99 for a flopped set, button had TT, and MP had AJ??

I won't try to defend my subsequent play, it was pretty clear I was beat, but I was chasing my set.

I am curious if you think I should have layed down QQ when it was 4 bets to me.

06-24-2002, 12:53 PM
There is a thread in the general forum regarding calling a 3bet before you.

I think it is game texture dependant.....are they typical players? I think you can fold or are they gamblers? "well I didn't get to straddle and I gotta hand, lets build a pot" then it is an easy call.

I think I would have folded on the flop. Button shows a lot of strength pre flop and continues to do so now, despite others indicating that they too have a hand.

My $.02

Allan

06-24-2002, 01:20 PM
Hi Davidross,

I would have laid down my QQ to four bets. But at the time it went four bets you were ahead, and your opponents had just decided to go all in with their medium pocket pairs, and AJ. If you knew what they held, you would be happy to call that bet, or even raise one more time if it were allowed.

Good luck,

Play well,

Bob T.

06-24-2002, 03:18 PM
Depends on how often people do that capping: If the table is wild, play, if this just about never happens, I´m pretty sure I would fold.

06-24-2002, 05:36 PM
If you are going to fold an overpair of Queens on the flop, then it is better to fold pre-flop. You shouldn't play a pocket pair for 4 bets if you think you have to flop a set in order to win.