PDA

View Full Version : PS $22 pot limit holdem - my last hand

Marcin Doliwa
05-04-2004, 07:32 PM
I decided to post my last tourney hands here, cause it may be good way to improve my game.
Ok, 231 players, 27 places in money, i finished 15th.

Here's my last hand. I have to talk something about the guy who finished me. A few times, when i rised with some legitimate hand like TT, KQs or somethin he rerised me,(he was leader or top3 in chips), he said that he had pocket pairs. Maybe it's true I dont know, but I didnt put him on AA or KK, besides that i saw him rising with A8o, and in general he seems like an agressive player. So now the hand:

PokerStars (8 handed)
Hero (10161 in chips)
Reriser (32921 in chips)
Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of 600.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls 1200, Hero raises 4200 to 5400, SB (poster) raises 4200 to 9600, BB folds, CO folds, Hero raises, SB calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>

River: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>

Final Pot:
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: </font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB ().</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ah Jh (high card, ace).
SB shows 8d 8c (one pair, eights).
Outcome: SB wins . </font>

What do you think about my move. I was something like 14 in chips, so i had to do something, maybe i could wait for a better moment.

ps. had some troubles with converter, but i hope all is understable.
Doli

nolanfan34
05-04-2004, 07:41 PM
Need a little more info here....I'm not seeing stack sizes, betting amounts, action on each street, etc. Or is the question whether to go all-in PF?

Marcin Doliwa
05-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Ok, i edited my post, now all shopuld be ok.

ddwarbuck
05-04-2004, 09:04 PM
for what its worth....you still have about 10x bb so not in desparate situation. your hand is fair, unless you catch two pair or flush. gap concept says you need a better hand to come over the opener. i think you just call and hope to see the flop or go all in. once you put half your chips in, in essence your committed all the way, so make your play and get the co, and the blinds and move on to stronger hand....jmho

Tyler Durden
05-04-2004, 11:12 PM
Yea we need more info here.

FWIW, that guy that beat you in this hand won the whole tourney. He played really badly throughout the tourney but seemed to play much better when it got down to 3 handed.