PDA

View Full Version : disagreement part 3 of 3

Kenshin
05-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Final disagreed upon hand. Another AKo one.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: protagonist is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
protagonist raises, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, BB bets, protagonist raises, SB 3-bets, BB calls, protagonist calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB bets, BB calls, protagonist calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB bets, BB calls, protagonist calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

<font color="red">
my comments: This flop actually calls for passivity. You should only call with a three flush board. There are many advantages to this play.
1. You minimize your losses when a 4th suited card appears on the turn
2. you will not become pot committed and can readily fold when excess action occurs behind you.
3. the only hand you really fear is a flush. You do not have to worry about overcards with TPTK and your raise will not knock out 4 flushes regardless.
</font>

<font color="blue"> 2+2er: Cap the flop, bet the turn. If you cap the flop and face a turn bet, you can release (unless of course you improved or are up against a lunatic.) You must at least raise the flop once as you don’t want the SB to get delusions of grandeur with something like the Td. </font>

Kenshin
05-10-2004, 08:21 PM
I found these hands interesting. Apparently, I was alone in this interest :-(

Results: small blind shows 5dJd to win the pot with King high flush

sthief09
05-10-2004, 08:28 PM
I think you played it fine. showing anymore aggression here is a mistake with SB check-3betting the flop. you could've even possibly dumped it on the river. I don't know if there's a ~10% chance you win here.

jrobb83
05-10-2004, 08:36 PM
You missed the key part of this hand. The best move here is to email party support immediately and demand to know why there were two 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the deck!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

About the hand, if someone is showing enough strength to three bet a monotone board like that into an UTG raisor, I think they have AK beat, and very possibly drawing to runner runner. Capping the flop here and being bet into is a sure sign that you are behind, and it only costs you 1 sb rather than 2 bb to find out.

Kenshin
05-10-2004, 08:40 PM
I still like calling the flop bet here. You will not chase out the flush draw and can fold easily to a raise and reraise behind you. On the turn, I would consider raising if the scare card did not fall.