PDA

View Full Version : disagreement part 2 of 3

Kenshin
05-04-2004, 06:27 PM
I consider this hand the most interesting of the 3 disagreed upon ones

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: protagonist is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO raises, protagonist calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO bets, protagonist raises, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, protagonist bets, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds.

River: (17 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, protagonist checks.

Final Pot: 17 BB

<font color="red">
my comments:
1. A close decision preflop between calling and folding. You have position and a hand that plays well multi-way . Conversely, your hand could easily be dominated. Ultimately, I agree with your decision despite my extreme distaste for cold calling.

2. On the flop, I like your play. Top pair with back door flush and straight draws definitely warrants the raise.

3. The turn presents another difficult decision. The flop cold-calls indicate at least 1 or 2 players chasing draws and another player probably holding a stronger jack. I think you have to check despite the multitude of drawing opponents. You will rarely induce everyone to fold for one bet and might face a check raise. On the river, I would fold to a scare card and pay off a bet on a blank (although, I would not overcall here).
</font>

<font color="blue"> 2+2'er:
You must bet the turn here. You can fold to a check/raise. However, for the cost of 1 bet, you get to find out if your hand is good or not (you check the river unimproved) you charge anyone wanting to draw to their 2,4,9 outters another bet, and should you spike a J or T on the river, you have gained another bet that you otherwise would not of had.
</font>

balkii
05-04-2004, 06:38 PM
preflop - eh. maybe
flop - yes
turn - I would never check there.

You will rarely induce everyone to fold for one bet

This I dont get. You have top pair, you are not bluffing.

River - thats one hell of a scare card. You could probably make a case for either betting or checking. I think i'd lean towards checking however.

Kenshin
05-10-2004, 08:24 PM
S.b. turns over 10sQs for rivered flush

I advocated checking the turn here for a variety of reason. 3 people just cold called the flop after a preflop raise. I cannot imagine being ahead of all of them at this point. Your check also closes the turn action and allows you to fold cheaply on the river, if excess raising occurs.