PDA

View Full Version : 2 becomes 3

Saborion
05-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.20 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 15.20 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font>

Bob T.
05-04-2004, 06:09 PM
The natural thing to do, would be to check to the preflop raiser, let him bet, and try and trap the button for multiple bets, instead of shutting him out. This action screams for a checkraise.

If you were going to lead the turn after a blank fell, why wouldn't you threebet the flop?

After the turn cap, you start to worry about running into QQ, and checkcalling the river is probably right.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Saborion
05-04-2004, 06:17 PM
The reason I bet the flop was to try to disguise my hand. Going for a check-raise is the better play, of course. What do I do if he 3-bets? Cap? Then lead the turn, hoping he raise? Unless he's aggressive, I doubt he'd raise me again without the set. Or? How do they usually play at this limit? More aggressive, sure, but how much more?

If you were going to lead the turn after a blank fell, why wouldn't you threebet the flop?
Because I was afraid that if I 3-bet the flop, he might turn into check-call mode, depending on what he had. Once again, I don't know much about the general aggressiveness on this limit, or anything about this player in particular. But I suppose that he would cap with an overpair, which would set me up for a nice check-raise on the turn.

So I bet the flop, called his raise, then lead the turn PRAYING that he would have something good an raise me, so that I could 3-bet him. When he capped, I got worried about a set.