PDA

View Full Version : 88 vs Raiser.

Trix
05-04-2004, 03:57 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

I´ve seen oppoents play Q8 UTG and openraise A3o from the BTN. He is sitting with 10 BBs, so he probably isn´t a winning player.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $3.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.
<font color="green"> Game was pretty loose, so I thought I was better off limping than raising. Is this a mistake, considering that its 8-handed and there is a poster? </font>

Flop: (7.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.66 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

<font color="green"> Bet river and fold to a raise ? . Should I be more aggressive before that point ? </font>

Final Pot: 6.66 BB

Joe826
05-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Let me preface this post by saying that you're much smarter than I am judging by your posts, so this is more for my benefit heheh.

I would limped PF also, but why not either bet or checkraise the the flop? I would be inclined to checkraise the flop here and fold to a reraise, otherwise lead on the turn and check/call the river.

Trix
05-04-2004, 04:12 PM
What do you do if he calls your flop check-raise, you bet a turn blank and he raise you ?

arkady
05-04-2004, 05:10 PM
Why not check-raise the turn here? He might release his top or middle pair and you have a great draw.

Then bet on river unless a T comes, still *might* get a free showdown.

Trix
05-05-2004, 09:30 AM
He had Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, not that it matters.

I´m still not sure about this hand. I want to CR turn, but I would hate getting 3bet. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif