PDA

View Full Version : two questions.

06-23-2002, 04:45 AM
On line 3-6 game.

Very loose aggressive opens in mid position, folded to me in the small blind, I have KJ suited.

First question, what should my play be here, fold, call, or three bet?

In the hand in question, I called, and the BB folded.

Flop - Jh 7c 5s.

I check, LA bets, I checkraise, he calls.

Turn, Ac. I bet, he calls.

River, 3d.

Who continues to bet here, and what do you do if you are raised, and who check calls? I didn't think check folding is an option given that he is loose aggressive.

Thanks for your responses,

Bob T.

06-23-2002, 04:49 AM
I checked the river, he checked behind me, and I knew my hand was good. The hand record showed that he had TT.

Two thoughts, I wonder if I didn't leave a big bet on the table here by checking the river. And after I saw that he would check down the river with TT, I decided that he might not be too aggressive on every street, just preflop, which he had demonstrated many times earlier. Which means that maybe folding to a raise on the river if I bet the hand might not be out of the question, and check folding if he bet also isn't as far out of the question as I earlier thought.

Good luck,

Play well,

Bob T.

06-23-2002, 05:13 AM
Well... I guess that depends a lot on what he's holding. if he's holding 98s (flopped a double gutshot), he's probably more inclined to bet the river. With Tens HE is the one wanted to get to the bottom of this cheaply.

3/6 with $1 small blind? He must be pretty aggressive to make that a clear call.

lars

06-23-2002, 05:25 AM
Lars,

Thanks for the response, he was very loose-aggressive preflop, and I won the hand, and I am still not sure it was a good play because against anyone who approached reasonable, I am going to muck, muck, and muck this hand out of a 3-6 small blind.

Good luck,

Play well,

Bob T.

06-23-2002, 12:00 PM
MP opened for a raise?

Then you definately SHOULDNT call. With this piece of cheese you should either get it heads up and be capable of somehow outplay your opponent or just fold, which I like much more against decent opponents. Your hand isnt good and to make it even worse you're out of position. So fold.

For the rest of the hand.... your play is IMO one way to play it, but there are alternatives.

For the river... you should bet IMO and fold if raised. Opponents who can bluf raise the river here are very rare, but a lot of opponents will pay you of here with even as less as a medium pocket pair. And to consider his preflop raise in here....if he has a jack it's probably WORSE than yours, because AJ would somewhere raise you again, and the preflop raise points more to a hand like 88-TT which I think he had without reading the results. But maybe Im way off.

Regards

06-23-2002, 02:07 PM
You say 3 bet, but you never say if he open raised.

If not, you need to raise to get the BB out. K-J, as bad as it is, is a decent hand heads-up.

If it was open raised by a maniac, I'm 3 betting, and ensuring the BB exits.

On the flop, I like your check-raise. You know this guy will bet, and you use it to your advantage. He must have pressure put on him with an opportunity to fold. Check-calling heads up is a big mistake.

Turn. I like your bet. His call shows weakness. You have control from the flop check-raise.

River. You need to bet. By not betting, you gave up you control.

06-23-2002, 06:27 PM
1. 3-bet a LAG with KJs from the SB with a chance to get it headsup. This is important not only for image reasons, but it gets that juicy dead BB in the pot.

2. Keep betting. Why? He isn't going to bet any hands that you beat. He will, however call with worse hands. It's not like he is going to check an ace on the river when checked to. And an overpair would have 3-bet the flop.