PDA

View Full Version : What do you do here?

Saborion
05-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 folds.
Now what?

LetsRock
05-04-2004, 03:52 PM
With no read on CO, I call or pop back.

Why would he be raising here?

If he has the made flush, it's either very weak or the table is very fishy. I'd put him on a big club, 2 pair or maybe even a set. He'd want to be more aggressive with th later 2 to get the limpers to pay dearly for their draws. If he has the Ac, then he's raising for value.

I think, I'd consider popping back to see how good his hand really is - seems like a good time for information gathering. If he just calls, he probably has a pretty weak flush and will call you down or has a set or 2pr and may fold to a turn bet. If he pops back, a made flush seems likely (unless he's a known buyer) and you can get away from your hand if you don't feel like fishing for your boat.

If the guy is a rock, I'm gone. If the guy is a fish, I consider which species (callemalldownimus or capitcuzicanimus) and proceed accordingly.

BTW, if it wasn't heads up, I'd be much more likely to just get out now.

Rico Suave
05-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Hey Saborion:

I hate this situation. I want to say go ahead and fold. The pot is relatively small and the raiser has position on you. But... I smell the A /images/graemlins/club.gif. Most low limit players would not raise a made flush here (of course that is not the only hand that may have you beat).

So, in short, I am not sure what is the best course. If you are feeling frisky, then 3-bet the flop and if he caps, consider folding. If he calls, lead the non /images/graemlins/club.gif turn and check call a non /images/graemlins/club.gif river. If he raises you on the turn, fold.
But again, I do not think it is awful to just fold here. If the pot were raised, then I think you have to make a play at it.

Wow, that is some clear, confident advise, huh. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

--Rico

Saborion
05-04-2004, 04:07 PM
If the guy is a fish, I consider which species (callemalldownimus or capitcuzicanimus) and proceed accordingly.
Good one. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And yes, if it wasn't HU, especially if someone cold-called his raise, then I'm outta there.

In the heat of the moment I felt I had two choices. Now I think I picked the wrong one, but I'm not sure either one is prefered over the other. I'll get back to that when I post the results.

colgin
05-04-2004, 04:26 PM
It obviously helps to know your opponent here a little bit. Against an unknown opponent I would probably call and bet the turn if a safe card, e.g., non-club, falls. If raised on the turn you have a tough decision although I probably call it down unless a bad card falls on the river.

All the best.
Colgin

balkii
05-04-2004, 04:54 PM
I dont think 3-betting the flop is a good play. If you are ahead the 3-bet hurts him very little (assuming he has a club). If you are behind, it hurts you quite a bit.

This is straight from TOP. Right now, in this hand, you are a dog. That is because he either has a made hand that is better than yours or a draw with many outs against you. The combination of being behind plus being sucked out on makes you a dog. HOWEVER

When a blank falls on the turn, you revert to being the favorite, because if he is drawing he has only 1 card to come.

Call the raise, and lead a blank turn. Check fold if a club hits.

tpir90036
05-04-2004, 05:02 PM
i would probably stop-n-go a blank on the turn. if he pops the turn again i think you can safely fold....the stop-n-go seems to freeze people up and stop their 2nd semi-bluff raise...if he still raises i will give him credit.

Lost Wages
05-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Call the raise, and lead a blank turn. Check fold if a club hits.

That is what I would do.

Lost Wages