PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting Hand---How bad is this?

Schaefer
05-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

I think I should have raised the one limper. Hopefully it buys me the button and I can go from there.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls, MP2 folds.

I think this is fine. Hopefully button will raise and protect my hand then I can call him down. Well he folded. What the hell does BB have? Qx? Wired pair bigger than 5s?

Turn: (5.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

OK, he has the 5. This call pisses me of. I should be able to get away from this. I don't have odds to draw one of the 2 remaining Queens.

River: (9.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

I think this fold pisses me off as much as the call on the turn. I think I need to call down if I'm going to call on the turn. Folding the turn is still superior but calling then folding is the worst of everything. I really wanted to break something after this hand.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 9.20 BB, won by BB.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by BB.</font>

mmanne
05-04-2004, 02:51 PM
I might have played it the same way, but I don't see any reason to call the turn raise. The pot is reasonably small, and there is almost no chance you're ahead. You might well be drawing dead ... I guess maybe there's a chance he's on KJ or J9 and has slight maniac tendancies.

LetsRock
05-04-2004, 04:01 PM
Well, I pretty much think you did the analysis yourself. Calling the turn is probably marginal, but calling turn and then not showing down was worse.

For one more bet, at least find out what he's up to.