PDA

View Full Version : Monopoly Statistics

LA_Price
05-04-2004, 02:18 PM
Not really poker related but I thought this site was cool. Monopoly Stats (http://www.tkcs-collins.com/truman/monopoly/monopoly.shtml)
Who would've thought that Illinois avenue is the second most profitable property to put hotels on?

daryn
05-04-2004, 02:33 PM
it makes sense that illinois ave is the most landed on property, since players are frequently coming out of jail lined up for it. also there is a card that makes a player advance directly to illinois ave.

RocketManJames
05-04-2004, 07:06 PM
I hadn't thought about this in years... but back in college, we used to play Monopoly for money. Usually 4 players, we'd each pony up a few hundred dollars. That was the bank. Then we'd play the game normally, except everything was divided by 100. Boardwalk with hotel was the biggie that would cost someone $20. Unimproved Mediterranean was a measly 2 cents. After a fixed number of turns, we'd stop playing, and you basically sold all your properties (houses too) back to the bank. Afterwards, whatever was left in the bank, we'd simply divvy up evenly amongst the players.

What amazed me was how quickly deal-making dynamics would change when real money was on the line.

This real-money game never did last long enough for anyone to really spend time analyzing the game with the intention of beating it.

Just thought I'd share...

-RMJ

El Barto
05-05-2004, 11:29 AM
When you play Monopoly online, it is usually a Heads Up contest. The high ranking players expect you to make trades that give them the advantage, or they will not play with you. All this so they can keep a good ranking on the ladder. It sucks.