PDA

View Full Version : TTH Issues

06-22-2002, 03:37 PM
I'm hoping for some feedback on some elements of Wilson's Turbo Texas Hold 'em software.

As I understand it, the optimal strategy used by the program when running simulations and playing against the computer is the same as that used by the "Automatic Advisor" *when set at the `almost always raise' option.* The rationale is that aggressive play has been show to be more profitable. This all makes good sense, but has anyone noticed some oddities with this strategy? To give a couple of examples, ATo UTG is advised as an open-raise and A7s in MP with two callers is also advised as a raise. To me, the former should be thrown away and the latter is a calling hand to get it multiway for the flush draw.

Part of my interest here is that many have used these kinds of programs to develop opening hand strategies, but obviously results are only as good as the strategy employed by the program.

TIA for any info, thoughts, etc.

06-23-2002, 01:40 AM
In general the advisor changes with the game settings. What the advisor recommends against one linup and level, may be different with other lineups and settings.

Same as in real life. If your in a tough game you wouldn't be raising with AT utg, but you may in an easier more passive game.

Also the "Automatic Advisor" changes with the game settings, or at least I believe it does.

06-24-2002, 10:36 AM
I have an additionaly question about this software if anyone knows...I want to run a simulation with the automatic advisor sitting in one of the chairs...Does anyone know if this is possible.

Thanks,

-JC

08-17-2002, 08:31 PM
First, my understanding is that there is an advisor for every number of opponents now (controlled by the original # of players set in the game before you start it up)

Second, ver 5.0 (and I think 4.0) let you dial down the Advisor's aggressiveness settings (have 4 checkbox choices, if I remember correctly) so that should help

Third, if it's listed as an individual Profile, it can be assigned to a seat in a Lineup.