PDA

View Full Version : AQs against a tricky opponent

JDErickson
05-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Opponent in this hand is good and tricky. CO in this hand is a maniac fish.

Absolute Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.16 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 9.16 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font>

Comments?

Bob T.
05-04-2004, 12:05 PM
It might be wrong, but I think I would raise this river.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

PokerBob
05-04-2004, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It might be wrong, but I think I would raise this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. My spider sense tells me he has AJ.

arkady
05-04-2004, 01:19 PM
How about the turn? Would you consider betting the turn?

I am thinking like this...lets say its a tricky/OK opponent. He can probably open raise in MP with a variety of hands: AA-JJ, AK-AJ, KQ, KJs, KTs and any pair above 66.

He doesnt cap after JD isolates, so he probably does not have a premium pair and bets out on the flop.

What what would he bet out and call a raise with? Dont think a pocket pair, so maybe AJ, AK, AQ, AQ? Then again why not a pocket pair.

Point of all this, does it make sense for JD to bet the turn here - assuming he could be up either against AJ/AK and drawing to 3 outs? The only hand he can beat that the other guy might have is KQ, unimproved. But what if the other guy is drawing, like with a KT, is it not essential to bet here?

PokerNoob
05-04-2004, 01:47 PM
Hmmmm, the river hits you and he bets. This looks really suspicious. If he's good and tricky, he's thinking about you. Would he have reason to believe you 3-bet him with nothing? Or does he have to think you have a legitimate 3-betting hand here? If so, he's putting you on exactly AK, or he fears no pair of jacks or queens. I'm a little spooked that he was looking for a turn checkraise. I think I'll just call here. I just don't see sixes, eights or even tens betting out here with 2, 3 or 4 overcards out there depending.

Yeknom58
05-04-2004, 03:00 PM
You also forgot to factor in the possibiltiy that the tricky player might CR the turn and you pretty much have to fold. I think in this case I'd be more than happy to take a free card on the turn.

JDErickson
05-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Opponent showed KTc and drug the pot.

I contemplated raising the river and I think I probably should have not knowing what opponent had.

Jim