PDA

View Full Version : Can I borrow your skirt? KQs...

Sam T.
05-04-2004, 10:24 AM
Comments appreciated... I should have raised at some point, but I'm weak-tight.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) No reads.converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls $1 (All-In), Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11.75 BB, between BB, UTG and Hero.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 2 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

sublime
05-04-2004, 10:40 AM
3 bet preflop. Drive out any Ax crap.

afk
05-04-2004, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3 bet preflop. Drive out any Ax crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fo' shizzle.

Is anybody else capping the flop too?

sublime
05-04-2004, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fo' shizzle.

Is anybody else capping the flop too?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would. One thing that concerns me is that K/Q overcards may be a li;' dirty, but I would cap it anyways.

afk
05-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Ok. Assuming you cap the flop and he bets into you on the turn, do you raise? And call down if he 3-bets?

Sam T.
05-04-2004, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fo' shizzle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it this how kids today say, "I agree"? I'm off to listen to my Sinatra 78s.

Was my call-down after the turn reraise correct? Or do I fire back when the king falls?

sublime
05-04-2004, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok. Assuming you cap the flop and he bets into you on the turn, do you raise? And call down if he 3-bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I would call it down. Beacause the flop was not 3-bet two pair is not out of the realm of possibilty.

EDIT: A raise would be right, somehow i forgot about the flush-draw!! God damn work is distracting me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rico Suave
05-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Hey Sublime:

I think cold calling preflop is the play here (if you expect more to follow), not 3 betting. KQs plays super multiway, so you do not mind callers. I would not try to isolate or semi-isolate a UTG raiser with KQ unless I knew he was a weak raiser.

(boy, I am being contrary today, aren't I. /images/graemlins/grin.gif )

--Rico

sublime
05-04-2004, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Sublime:

I think cold calling preflop is the play here (if you expect more to follow), not 3 betting. KQs plays super multiway, so you do not mind callers. I would not try to isolate or semi-isolate a UTG raiser with KQ unless I knew he was a weak raiser.

(boy, I am being contrary today, aren't I. )

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, and probably more on point than me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rico Suave
05-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Hey Sam:

I like the way you played this on all streets.

--Rico

sublime
05-04-2004, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Sam:

I like the way you played this on all streets

[/ QUOTE ]

Rico-

You wouldnt cap this flop?

Raiser
05-04-2004, 11:15 AM
I like your play. I probably would've capped the flop. With 2 opponents it would be a borderline value cap with just the flush draw. And I would suspect that at least some of your overcard outs are clean making this a +EV raise.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. This is the type of bet/raise that I'm trying to improve on.

Rico Suave
05-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Hey Sublime:

[ QUOTE ]
You wouldnt cap this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would with 3 opponents, but not with just 2. I don't think that capping is terrible though....it might even get you a free card on the turn.

--Rico

sublime
05-04-2004, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like your play. I probably would've capped the flop. With 2 opponents it would be a borderline value cap with just the flush draw. And I would suspect that at least some of your overcard outs are clean making this a +EV raise.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. This is the type of bet/raise that I'm trying to improve on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. If only for the flush potential it is worth it.

LOL, I go from weak/tight to aggressive on a hand to hand basis.

bakku
05-04-2004, 12:26 PM
I like capping the flop here with 2 opponents along for the ride and position. You may even be able to buy a free card if the turn misses you. If he bets into you again on the turn when the K falls I'd probably just call down because getting 3-bet would suck, but I'm betting if checked to.

Rico Suave
05-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Hey Bakku:

[ QUOTE ]
If he bets into you again on the turn when the K falls I'd probably just call down because getting 3-bet would suck, but I'm betting if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. Also, he has represented an overpair, and you do not want him to fold his TT-QQ, but rather collect an extra river bet from him.

--Rico