PDA

View Full Version : $15-$30 Flopped Straight

Philuva
05-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Same loose $15-$30 game. 3 limpers to the Button who raises. SB folds. I call in the BB with 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. 3 limpers call. 5 to the flop with 10 SB's.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet out. One limper calls. Other two fold. Button raises. I 3-bet. Limper now folds. Button caps. I call.

2 to the turn.

Turn is 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

I check (with the intention of check-raising). Button checks.

River is 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

I bet. Button raises. I call.

Thoughts?

Luke
05-04-2004, 11:06 AM
In general when the flop gets capped like that, if I'm still holding the nuts and its vulnerable, I like to lead the turn and hope to be raised so I can 3-bet.

But considering that board, I think going for the checkraise is best. Assuming he's reasonable, the only hand I can think of him raising the turn with is AA but he'll bet many hands - including flush draws, a big ace, etc.

It looks like a tough break on the river. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Luke

elindauer
05-04-2004, 12:45 PM
He announces "flush draw" when he checks behind on the turn. When the flush gets there, I lean toward check-calling the river. He may well bet, say, AQ behind you, giving you the big bet you're looking for anyways, and you avoid being raised by what looks in all likelihood after the turn action to be a made flush.

Nightwish
05-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Lead the turn. Also, the river bet makes no sense to me after the turn check. That spade is bad for you.

Philuva
05-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the replies. When he checked the turn, it should have been obvious he was on the spade flush draw. Should have check called the river. My initial thought was to bet the river and fold to a raise, but then I remembered I was playing on Party and had to call. He showed Ks Ts and took it down.

Thanks,
Phil