PDA

View Full Version : river bet and hand reading

chezlaw
05-04-2004, 09:11 AM
Paradise $10/$20 5 max

Did I wimp out on a river bet here? My reads are more dodgy than usual as play had been distorted by a complete maniac who has just recently passed away. I'm think the BB is a good player and the SB seems loose passive.

Its folded to me on the button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif I raise SB calls, BB 3-bets, I cap, both call

*** FLOP *** 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

checked to me, I bet, SB calls, BB raises, I 3-bet, both call.

*** TURN *** 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet they both call.

*** RIVER *** T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

It's checked around. I hate checking here, but what can I put my opponents on that makes it worth betting?

Apocalypse
05-04-2004, 12:55 PM
because of bb being a good player i wouldn't put him on a flush here. This is such a typical flush possibility hitting the river after a called down board, they would bet this out 9 out of 10 times because the original bettors in last position too often get afraid of a cr and check it through(but call a bet). If you were listed as hyper-aggro, they might consider a cr. Then you have the sb, who i think is on a flush/straight draw (fat chance) or a made pair(good chance). The flushdraw is just one of a lot of possibilities and certainly not The obvious one. The fact that he doesn't bet out because of reasons i stated above, makes that possibility even smaller. concluding, i say thus BET

ps. of course the good player could consider you considering these things and therefor go for a cr

stripsqueez
05-04-2004, 08:22 PM
bet - i think someone is very likely to call with a worse hand - there is a heap of money in the pot and hands with any sensible showdown value should consider calling

i pay a raise

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Apocalypse
05-05-2004, 09:50 AM
that too of course /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

chezlaw
05-08-2004, 07:33 AM
ok thanks bet bet bet