PDA

View Full Version : Overly aggressive here? Is this a bad place to make a move? AQo

Buckmulligan
05-04-2004, 09:04 AM
SB (25.00)
BB (13.00)
MP(Me) (20.00)
LP (15.00)
Button (27.00)

.25/.50 blinds NL holdem.

I had been playing pretty overtly, so I thought I might add some deception. The game is pretty loose aggressive; player BB is especially loose aggressive today, and is on tilt.

EP calls .50, I call .50 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif , LP folds, button folds, SB calls;

Flop (1.50) A,K,J rainbow;
SB checks, BB bets 4.50, I think and push all in, He calls

Was I too aggressive here? How should I have played it? I felt that I only would have been behind to this guy if he raised pre flop because he is the kind of player who always raises with paint.

Results: <font color="white"> </font> He turns over A /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif turn and river are blanks; I win

Garland
05-04-2004, 07:56 PM
This is a dangerous flop that I would proceed with caution against most opponents, and would probably just double his bet on the flop to test him out.

However, given you have a good read on this particular opponent, you're probably ahead because you've "safely" eliminated AA, KK, JJ, AK, AJ, KJ from his holdings (you said he seems to raise all paints). The other hand he could be holding is Q10, which is a concern, but he'll have a weaker A often enough that a push is certainly warranted given your read.

If you're wrong, oh well, at least you have 4 outs to the nuts (4 10s).

Garland