PDA

View Full Version : 4th club hit the river. Now what?

PokerBob
05-04-2004, 07:32 AM
I'm not sure how to play this when the 4th club hits. Only a bet that will beat me will call, right? But if I check, can I call? Help.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero?????

Trix
05-04-2004, 08:17 AM
If you check, then he will only bet hands that beat you, but if you bet he will probably call with some of the ones that he would check if you checked. Pairs etc.
Beeing out of position suck, bet and fold to a raise.

danish69
05-04-2004, 10:19 AM
I would check, and give him a chance to bluff at the river.
If he bets, its an automatic call.
He only has to bluff one in every 6 times, for this play to be profitable.

If you bet out, and he raises, you can be sure you allready is beat.

So if you are beat, both plays will cost you one BB.
But if you´r hand is good, the first play will occasinally give you one extra BB.

Bob T.
05-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Bets and folds to a raise.

Bob T.
05-04-2004, 10:23 AM
This is one case, where I think you can also get better hands to lay down.

I like the bet here.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Wakko
05-04-2004, 10:31 AM
I say dump it. You've got top pair with a weak kicker against a 4-flush board. CO has you beat if he has a club or a king with a better kicker. Check-call, IMO. If there weren't already so many bets in the pot I'd say check-fold.

- A.P.