PDA

View Full Version : Am I a Little Weak Tight Biatch???

Lucky
05-04-2004, 03:16 AM
Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (10 handed)

Button ($686.90)
SB ($372.60)
BB ($182)
UTG ($200)
UTG+1 ($274)
UTG+2 ($198)
Hero ($398.20)
MP2 ($86)
MP3 ($184)
CO ($599.70)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $4, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $18, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB raises to $35, UTG folds, Hero calls $17.

Flop: ($76) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($76) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB bets $73, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $149

mauisupaman
05-04-2004, 04:09 AM
Did you have that solid of a read on BB? He only had about 150 more to put him all in preflop.

Lucky
05-04-2004, 10:26 AM
He's solid, even if a little loose (vp$ip- 24%, raised preflop 4%). He's probably reading me as rockish, so he must have something strong, and think he can steal with a favorable flop. I'm not assuming his reraising hands are AA and KK, but rather: AA, KK, AK, QQ, and JJ. While I would hope he would be on AQ, I don't think it's likely, so basically, i'm only ahead if he has slick.

mauisupaman
05-04-2004, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not assuming his reraising hands are AA and KK, but rather: AA, KK, AK, QQ, and JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you read him for that range of hands. Flop came which meant he either had an overpair, gut shot to broadway, or a set. You're behind to 6AA's, 6QQ's, and 6JJ's. Your tied with the two case K's, and you're ahead of 8AK's. So, there are 12 hands you're behind to, one you tie with, and 8 your ahead of. If your read is good then your fold is not weak tight, it's correct.

The troubling thing here is that after opponent reraises PF he checks to you with that board. Is he trying to induce a bet from you in order to come over the top with a CR? Or did he miss with AK? If he did miss with AK would he read you for AK once you checked through and attempt to steal the pot from you with a big bet on the turn?

The reason I'd rather push PF (given the range of hands you put him on) is that PF you're behind 6 hands, you tie with one, but you're ahead of 20hands! I like this situation much better, than trying to guess whether or not I'm ahead on the flop.