PDA

View Full Version : Middle Set - 4 handed

RocketManJames
05-04-2004, 02:49 AM
Live 6/12, Full game has deteriorated to 4 players in wee hours of the morning.

I'm UTG with black 66, and I raise. Folds to the BB who isn't horrible, but far from good. He has taken notice of my major increase in aggression since the game got short-handed. He calls.

Flop: T 6 4 rainbow
He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn: Q, 2 spades now.
He checks, I bet, he check-raises. I 3-bet, he calls.

River: K, no flush.
He checks, I bet, he check-raises.

What is the right play? I simply called. I was really thinking to 3-bet him again, but short-handed isn't my strongest game. Maybe he had a bigger set? I didn't think AJ was possible unless he has them in spades.

How was my play?

Results in white: <font color="white"> He shows KQo for two pair. </font>

-RMJ

stripsqueez
05-04-2004, 02:54 AM
you answered your own question - particularly the bit about noticing your aggression - so he is out to make you pay for said aggression ? - auto 3 bet

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

naphand
05-04-2004, 12:22 PM
3-bet.

I don't start to think about over-set or straight until he caps. I discount the set when he just calls the Turn (barring KK - very unlikely, no PF raise).

Looks very much like to me he is playing the same hand as he was on the Turn (I was thinking QTo) or K improves his hand. AJ? does he really raise an aggressive player on the Turn with just the A and a weak draw? If he does, let him win the pot, you get it all back later.

Nate tha' Great
05-04-2004, 01:13 PM
I think it's fairly easy to read him for exactly the hand that he had.

Schneids
05-04-2004, 02:34 PM
My first instinct was KQ and second KJ. You beat them both. And QT. And KT. And AQ. And an awful lot of other hands he may play like this.