PDA

View Full Version : The longest Session of my Life!

06-21-2002, 11:37 PM
Hi guys,

i have a story to share with you that happened to me two days ago. I played the longest session of my life it was a 14 hours 40 minute session straight up with no breaks. First of all my session started out like any other day, taking it easy and grinding steadily, three hours later at 4-8 Holdem i am up about 6Big Bets and going along fine, I have won the past four sessions and i am very confident going into today and i wouldn't be surprised if i lost since my BB per hour is going up dramatically. Anyway.. After a couple of hours i get this unbelieveable rush four pots in a row i win, with full houses, quads and nut flush. Then i get dealt Back to back aces two hands in a row. I lose both hands, I play Pair of Kings i lose again, i get kings again and lose again thats four hands. I mucked the aces both on the turn and was correct when my opponent showed his made hand and i also mucked both the kings one on the river and the other on the flop when an ace hit. Then again i get aces back to back (I swear this is not a lie), for next 7 hours i get dealt aces 12 times, 9 of them lost, one lost a small pot two won big pots. Then i flopped the nut flush draw nine times, i dont make them 8 of the nine times but when i do make it the last time someone catches a runner runner to give them a fullhouse. My two pairs get beat by the flush on the river, and i never in the 12 hour session payed any one off, it was one of the greatest sessions of my life. I think that at maximum i made 3-4 BB worth of errors and they were close calls also. I made huge laydowns without showing any one and made unbelievable reads i actually read a couple of players for exactly what they had. I am feeling great about my game, i think i should have won atleast $2000 at 4-8 but instead i only left with $300 up after 14 hours and 40 minutes. At one time i was up more but then i realized that i need to put in the hours. Here is a funny hand:

After i lose with aces, i get them again. I raise and say "I have aces again" 5 players take the flop A99 LMAO. You know the ending of course i take down a huge pot. Well, anyway i dont think i will see pocket aces for another three years i swear.

Here are the hands i played:

AA (12 times) KK (3 times) QQ (1) JJ(1) 22(4) 99(2)55(1)

I lose with top set to a gutshot on the river as well and checkraise with three of a kind and runner runner flush fucks me.

This post is not a bad beat post... WAIT yeah it is, writing this has really helped me mentally and i dont think i will ever go on tilt again after what happened. I couldn't believe how much discpline i had. Anyway.... If you've read this far, thankyou any comments are welcome thanks for the therpay session. LOL

CANT GET OVER THE BEATS.....LOL

-MJ

P.s if you haven't realized this i am still a beginner at this game but you could say i play like an advanced player (NO BS)

06-21-2002, 11:52 PM
sounds like your bad beat skin is getting a workout.

even if this WAS a losing session, look at how many chips you saved by not playing as far as many others would have. that alone is a huge factor of winning...for instance, think of the players who wouldve played the AA or KK all the way, even though they were beat. good playin!

sounds like you had the flow and read of the table down. like in a zone. too bad ya cant bottle it and sell it huh?

this session sounds internet sessions that ive had...haha

oh well, have a good one...

b

06-22-2002, 12:24 AM
Congratz. I had one of those sessions today at 4 8 as well, I just felt like everyone was playing with their cards face up. Except the guy who 4 bet me on the river when I had 76 on the final board of 7 6 6 4 T.. he had pocket 4s? When you're playing well AND winning its a great feeling huh.