PDA

View Full Version : AQo for top two....bet more on the turn???

fsuplayer
05-04-2004, 02:14 AM
Party NLHE $100
I have AQo UTG and limp. 6 or 7 to the flop.

Me ($145)
MP ($180) No real read as I am 4 tableing

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I think about betting, but decide to check and see what develops.
MP bets $10 and its folded to me and I call.
OK so far?
Leading out is an option, but I find that if i lead out and bet, the bet should be potsized, and that lower aces like A4s dont usually call the pot sized bet.

Anybody checkraise here? I was thinking maybe, but what if he calls and then a flush card (club) hits on the turn?

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I have top two now and and going to CR and hope he has A10 or AK maybe.

He bets $20 and I raise to $55.
Is this a good amount here or does anybody raise more?
I figure twopair will pay me and I am charging draws a decent amount.

MP calls and river brings the: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check and he bets $35 and I call.

Any thoughts on the hand?

Comments appreciated.

FsuPlayer

fsuplayer
05-04-2004, 02:15 AM
Thoughts on my flop and turn thinking are what I am really looking for....is it weak tight?

Thanks,

FsuPlayer

mauisupaman
05-04-2004, 04:22 AM
If you're going to raise to 55 you should just push as it is around 40% of your remaining stack.

fsuplayer
05-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Maui-
Bc like I said I wanted a number that would be called by a lower two pair. Since that turn card also made the broadway straight, I didnt think that he would call with a hand like A7 if i had CR'd all in for $110 more.

But on Party you never know, I prob. should have just CR all in and hoped that he would call with a worse hand, whatever it was.

Still learning.

FsuPlayer

MVicuna
05-04-2004, 03:37 PM
Hi,

Check-raise on the flop to $40. In an unraised pot you could easily be against a set or 2 pair with an Ace and drawing very slim and you want to trap the flush draws calling bit bets on the flop/turn if they don't hit. This is the problem/joy of party, Flush draws calling 1:2 odds to hit their 1:4 turn card, so you can rarely tell if your ahead or behind when you get called on the flop with your pot sized bet.

If he raises your in trouble, but you just saved yourself from being trapped for your whole stack.

The turn is a trouble card for you. If he calls your flop check-raise, your 2 pair looks good since there was a flush draw on board and the party monkies love to call with their flush draws no matter how wrong it is.

But a solid player would only call the flop check-raise with a set or 2 pair. Any bet now would be all of your stack, so you have to hope you got lucky and sucked out on 2 pair or he's dumb enough to call with just 1 pair or the flush draw.

You should not have played it so slow. You end up building a big pot but never really denying the draws the wrong odds to call.

You should never be calling with TP on a draw heavy flop in an unraised pot. Its raise or fold time. You need to get information about their hand strengths.

Thanks,
MarkV.

fsuplayer
05-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Mark-
Thanks for the reply and I tend to agree that I play my TPTK a little softer than I should on some occasions. If I check raise in that position and get called, I am either way ahead of a flush draw, or behind two pair and drawing dead to a set.
Problem is on Party you never know which it is.

Maybe I should be raising with AQ preflop most of the time to clear up these sort of dilemmas...or maybe that will get me trapped for my stack against AK. AQ...ugg /images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Who plays Party $100 here and how do you like to play your AQ preflop, then on the flop if you flop an ace?

Thanks for the comments,

FsuPlayer

MVicuna
05-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Hi,

How you play AQo in EP/UTG is entirely based on the table. If a lot of them like to play the A(rag) hands then limping all the way down to AJ is ok. When 7 people see the flop, I think you can limp with AJ in EP and even bet it till you get raised and then fold.

If they like to fold, raise with AQo and bet the flop. Then shutdown if they call and your not drawing to the nuts.

The problem is you multi-table, so you never really get reads on your players. Is he likey to bet a draw into 7 limpers?

You have to play ABC poker. So that means folding when your raised unless you have the nuts and assuming they have real hands when they call pot sized bets on the flop and then getting to showdown cheaply as long as the draws dont get there.

MarkV.