PDA

View Full Version : Worth a try, maybe.

CreepingDeath
05-03-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure if this was a good idea, but maybe worth a shot.

Everybody bar my good self is just as loose and passive as you like.

Coral Poker .50/1 (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG limps, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 limps, CO limps, Button limps, SB completes, Hero checks.

<font color="red"> So far, so boring. </font>

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,8 /images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
SB bets, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP3 raises, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

<font color="red"> Ooh an OESD, I'll keep that. Not sure if it would have been a good idea to raise at some point here. With that board there may not be any hands out there to call with except MP3 and I don't want this hand HU.</font>

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP3 bets, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

<font color="red"> No straight yet. Not quite what I wanted to see , but not very scary either. If he limped in with an 8 and was betting top pair on the flop and I hit I win, and if I don't hit, I'm folding anyway.</font>

River: A/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP3 thinks forever and checks.

<font color="red"> Now this is the bit I'm not sure about. I know I don't check-raise nearly enough, was this a good spot to try. Comments on all streets welcome of course though.

Check back later to see if MP3 had A8 or what. </font>

thirddan
05-03-2004, 08:55 PM
i think i like the c/r attempt here, MP3 certainly played the hand like he had an 8 or at least a pair...

[ QUOTE ]
Check back later to see if MP3 had A8 or what.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he thought a while and then checked 8's full i hope you added him to your buddy list...

CreepingDeath
05-04-2004, 01:19 AM
Ha! Good point. But then again these people at .50/1 Party are dumb as rocks. God knows they might check through a full house last to act. I used to play on William Hills and I thought they were a bit dense, but this lot are just like the posters on here say. Bunch of calling stations. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I love it!

CreepingDeath
05-04-2004, 03:26 PM
Looks like nobody hated it then. Excellent. MP3 had a pair of 10s, SB had 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, and UTG had Q6o /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sublime
05-04-2004, 03:44 PM
3-bet the flop, and bet the turn.

Where is all this passive play coming from? Is there like some virus going around I am unaware of?

easypete
05-04-2004, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where is all this passive play coming from? Is there like some virus going around I am unaware of?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the passiveness is called tax return check.

CreepingDeath
05-04-2004, 05:37 PM
That's more like it. The play on Party encourages me to bet 'em when I've got 'em and be a calling station (or fold) if I don't cos it's cheap to draw. It's a difficult habit to get out of, but I'm working on it. Running well at the moment doesn't help any.

sublime
05-04-2004, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's more like it. The play on Party encourages me to bet 'em when I've got 'em and be a calling station (or fold) if I don't cos it's cheap to draw. It's a difficult habit to get out of, but I'm working on it. Running well at the moment doesn't help any.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want a lot of callers when you have a very strong draw, in this case you dont. So bet and raise /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keep up the good work /images/graemlins/smile.gif