PDA

View Full Version : EURO - NORTH AMERICA CHALLENGE: EXTRA PRIZES AND BOUNTIES !!!

William
05-03-2004, 08:44 PM
As the fish keep insisting in donating their hardly earned money, I am (again) in the position of offering a small extra prize and some bounties to the participants of the Euro - N.A. challenge that will take place at Poker Stars, Saturday, May 8th at 14:00 ET.

Remember that all team registrations must happen at the One-table Forum. The same applies for participation to this " Create your own Crew " event. Only posts in this thread will be accepted

Anyway, I think most of you enjoyed what we did at the last Kotz tourney and this is going to be something similar, just a bit better /images/graemlins/wink.gif

This time however you can only participate if you actually play in saturday's tournament.

So get a babysitter, send your wife to visit her parents, hire a gardener, do whatever it takes, but PLAY THIS SATURDAY

This is a tournament open to ALL 2+2ers, the only thing you have to do is to choose size and kick some A** /images/graemlins/grin.gif

WHAT TO DO ?

- Register both at Stars under TOURNEY/PRIVATE password Colony and at the one-table forum (where you choose the continent you want to represent) HERE (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=662674&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

- Create your own Crew. Select 4 players you believe will do well and post their names in this thread.
-You can choose any players you like, yourself, me, players from the "enemy" team, you decide, but as all participants have not registered yet, I suggest you wait as long as you can before you post your Crew.
A list of participants will be posted Tuesday, May 4th and updated every day until a few hours before the tournament starts. You are welcome to "take a chance" and choose players that are not yet registered, but I would apreciate that you only post once, so pick carefully. Changes of Crew members will be accepted, but let's try to keep my work to the minimum and not abuse this option.

HOW DOES IT WORKS ?

- The player winning the tournament will be awarded 10 points
- Number 2 will be awarded 8 points
- Number 3 will be awarded 7 points
- number 4 will be awarded 6 points
- number 5 will be awarded 5 points
- number 6 thru 9 (the rest of the final table) will be awarded 3 points
- the player finishing in the BUBLE will be awarded 4 points
- The player being the CHIP LEADER at any break before the final table will be awarded 2 points
- as a consolatin for "bad beats", the 2 first players to bust out will be awarded 2 points each

We then add all the points the players from your Crew have obtained and we find 3 winners

- First price pays 50$
- Second price pays 30$
- Third price pays 20$

IS THAT ALL ?

NO, there are a couple of BOUNTIES and EXTRA POINTS you can earn.

These will be posted Friday evening, when I know who will be playing, so keep an eye on this thread.

As a special apetizer, the first 10$ Bounty will be placed on DrPhysic's head. As an extra, if the Doc is busted while STEALING the blinds, the bountie will be doubled. In other words, if The Doc is in the button or the CO, it is folded to him, he raises and busts out showíng ANY pocket cards other than AX, 2 high cards (TENS or higher) or a pair, he's caught STEALING /images/graemlins/grin.gif

and now the part with the small prints :

There are no small prints this time. All prices will be paid. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Remember, the only thing you have to do is to decide which TEAM you will be playing for, choose 4 players and post their names here. And Keep an eye on this thread, the bounties are comming...

Let's turn this Challenge into a succes, come and join us and win the right to brag about your continent.

Good luck to all of you.

William

DougBrennan
05-03-2004, 08:55 PM
Very nice William. It really is generous of you to provide extra money and rooting interest in these events.

And as a complete non-sequiter, I am hereby challenging you to a $10 last-longer bet. My effort to help you make up for your expenses. Plus maybe it will keep me from going all-in against you with 66. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Doug

William
05-03-2004, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Very nice William. It really is generous of you to provide extra money and rooting interest in these events.

And as a complete non-sequiter, I am hereby challenging you to a $10 last-longer bet. My effort to help you make up for your expenses. Plus maybe it will keep me from going all-in against you with 66. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Doug, you're on /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sheriff Fatman
05-04-2004, 04:54 AM
Fantastic gesture again William. Allow me to be the first entrant.

I'm going for a all-European team as I can't bring myself to bet on 'the Enemy'

Based on some painful arse-kickings in the 2+2 games I go for:

William (MobyDick)
TylerD (TheStrength)
PrayingMantis (HelmetSky)
Stoneii (Stone_Eyes)

I await the double delight of a victory for Team Europe and the prize money that this selection will bring.

Sheriff

Stoneii
05-04-2004, 07:01 AM
Superb William - Thank You - I have all but picked my 4 but will take your advice and post nearer the time in case any can't make it - have to say it's hard to look past the Euro/Icelandic team /images/graemlins/wink.gif

t_perkin
05-04-2004, 08:34 AM
Hey!

Iceland is just as much a part of Europe as anywhere else...that is erm in europe...

Just cos they aren't in the stupid EU just shows they are not corrupt technocrats out to grab all of England and Germany's money for farming subsidies (See my HiJackers post for who I might be aiming this at /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Tim

t_perkin
05-04-2004, 08:40 AM
Woohoo!

This is just like fantasy football (thats soccer in pidgin-englsh for out opponents)

I am going to wait for sklanksy and malmuth to formally sign up before I select my team.

They are playing right?

PrayingMantis
05-04-2004, 09:14 AM
I think Iceland is part of Europe, just about as Israel is (OK, Iceland is maybe a bit more... /images/graemlins/wink.gif).

An israeli basketball team (Maccabi tel-aviv) have just won the Euroleague cup, which is the biggest title in European basketball, after beating an Italian team at the finals (Skipper Bolognia). And another Israeli team (Hapoel Jerusalem) took the 2nd most important cup in Europ, Euleb (spl?), after beating Real-Madrid!

So Israeli teams dominate the European basketball right now. I guess that's also true for poker... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William
05-04-2004, 10:03 AM
I guess that's also true for poker...

LOL, Are you aware that the European Poker Challenge Comitee (the one with REAL europeans) has the power to ship you over to the NA team (and in that case you would end up in the losing team) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, everybody knows that Danes dominate European Poker /images/graemlins/grin.gif

We just tolerate other Europeans because we are a good-hearted community /images/graemlins/grin.gif and we want the NA team to believe that it took a whole continent to beat them /images/graemlins/grin.gif (yes! we care about your feelings) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pitcher
05-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi William et al,

I am really pissed off that I can't play in the Euro Feast...I mean Euro Challenge. I was looking forward to chopping some greedy little fingers. So, to fire this up a little more I offer this:

As a special apetizer, the first $10 Bounty will be placed on Williams' (Moby Dicks') head. As an extra, if William is busted while STEALING the blinds, the bountie will be doubled. In other words, if William is in the button or the CO, it is folded to him, he raises and busts out showíng ANY pocket cards other than AX, 2 high cards (TENS or higher) or a pair, he's caught STEALING

I just gotta get involved somehow and since William is such a master thief, I thought this was appropriate. Plus, I have to defend NA honor and The Doc...so die European Scum... /images/graemlins/smile.gif Okay, okay, maybe that is going a bit too far....

Pitcher

I am looking forward to a rematch in the Weak Euro SNG this week!

PrayingMantis
05-04-2004, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, everybody knows that Danes dominate European Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, let me rephrase it, so to not offend the magnificent Danes and the highly esteemed comitee /images/graemlins/grin.gif...

Israelis (or better: Israeli) are now completely dominating the European 2+2 SNG series. And as far as I know - that's where the best European poker players play!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Evidence (http://www.simongreig.com/sng/rankings.html)

William
05-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Unfortunately, it seems that I won't be able to play this one.
One of my sons is participating in a badminton tournament, I have just got the program and he is scheduled at both 13:00 and 14:40
This is 19:00 and 20:00 over here and it is very unusual. Normally he plays early in the morning and we are back home early in the afternoon.

S*** happens. Maybe some miracle and we'll be done early, but i doubt it.

However, the prizes and bounties offered will remain unchanged, but for those of you foolish enought /images/graemlins/grin.gif for wanting me in your Crew, post a reserve player just in (the very likely) case I can't make it.

I'll drop by and watch the end of the challenge when I am back home.

William

William
05-04-2004, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, everybody knows that Danes dominate European Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, let me rephrase it, so to not offend the magnificent Danes and the highly esteemed comitee /images/graemlins/grin.gif...

Israelis (or better: Israeli) are now completely dominating the European 2+2 SNG series. And as far as I know - that's where the best European poker players play!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Evidence (http://www.simongreig.com/sng/rankings.html)

[/ QUOTE ]

Really PM, can't you see that us Europeans are just being polite to our guest?Only a matter of good behavior /images/graemlins/grin.gif

We are also pleased that you are enjoying so much our guest room /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pitcher
05-04-2004, 11:21 AM
Hi William,

I just post a Bounty on you and your not playing. Badminton for your kid....that sounds pretty Euro (French) to me! Coward! Oh well, I may offer some other bounties. Perhaps a bounty should be paid to anyone who beats Praying Mantis' with A8 (the never ending Nightmare!) Yeah, that's it....

Anyone that can prove they beat Praying Mantis with A8 will get a $10 bounty.

Pitcher

William
05-04-2004, 11:25 AM
that sounds pretty Euro (French) to me! Coward!

You say you play the 100 and 200 SNGs at Party?

Hmmm I might be visiting the site soon... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PrayingMantis
05-04-2004, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We are also pleased that you are enjoying so much our guest room /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the beautiful guest room on the top floor, with the penthouse and all? Well, I'm sure enjoying it, and if you don't mind, I'm going to stay there for a long long time... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William
05-04-2004, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You mean the beautiful guest room on the top floor, with the penthouse and all? Well, I'm sure enjoying it, and if you don't mind, I'm going to stay there for a long long time...

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't you heard, we are putting a huge advertising banner out there. It will hang from the roof and cover the view from the penthouse.
But don't let that bother you, stay as long as you wish... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

W. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stoneii
05-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Hi Tim

before everyone gives me a hard time about Iceland the reference wasn't to Iceland membership of Europe, it was more of a Euro/Iceland last longer reference (Doh!!!)

stoneii

t_perkin
05-04-2004, 11:55 AM
I think I have to grudgingly admit that you seem to have the whole top half of the building...

PrayingMantis
05-04-2004, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone that can prove they beat Praying Mantis with A8 will get a $10 bounty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice. I was just going to declare a bounty for whoever busts YOU with 33, but OOOPS! Suddenly you can't make it to the Euro-US game! Yes, I can understand. Not many Americans are brave enough to step into this European hell. But yet, you ARE brave enough to give a prize on my head! How sweet. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, I'll meet you at the game tonight, Pitcher, and we shall see how your A8's and straight-flush draws hold this time... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

t_perkin
05-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Ok you know that this is coming:

[ QUOTE ]

So get a babysitter, send your wife to visit her parents, hire a gardener, do whatever it takes, but PLAY THIS SATURDAY

[/ QUOTE ]

Its obvious William - you just need to clone yourself. Honestly, no commitment.

Seriously though, its a shame. Don't feel you have to keep all these bounties going either.

Tim

p.s.: However good to see that "pro poker player" and "has a life" are not mutually exclusive.

William
05-04-2004, 01:02 PM
I know, I know, but the kids is where I draw the line. No poker in the world will keep me away from my commitment to them. Sending them home to their mother an hour earlier is one thing, but ruining the boy's day is an other.

I'm really sorry this time, I had looked forward to being part og the conquest of the new world, but it would have to be some other time.

Sometimes, miracles happen and these arrangements are over before the scheduled time...

Anyway, as I have written before, ALL prizes and bounties (most are not announced yet) stand and at some point, I'll be at the rail cheering for the Euro Team. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Pitcher
05-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Hey William,

I don't want to see any whale sightings on PP.... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ahh, why not, plenty for everyone, at least right now!

Pitcher

DrPhysic
05-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Is anyone else going to get in this and grab some of William's free money?

He's not even playing so he can't win!

I will post my 2+2 SNG organizers selections on Friday.
Tenative selection:

t_perkin_2+2
Stone_Eyes
codewarrior
me

But if VinnyTheFish is playing, which we don't know yet, I will take my name off the list in favor of Vinny.

Doc

DougBrennan
05-07-2004, 01:46 PM

fat_nutz
05-07-2004, 06:24 PM
My crew is:

fat_nutz
fat_nutz
fat_nutz
fat_nutz

That's right, I will just take my score of 10 and multiply by four.
Also, I'll be playing for the American Patriot team, ie no goddam hippies, only war-supporters who think Rumsfeld is the man and that prisoner abuse is overhyped. No goddam canadians either, or people who speak french or know how to spell Kuchinesh. If you're not voting for Bush, go away.

Oh yeah, and everybody don't forget your lunchboxes and backpacks, cause I'm taking y'all to SCHOOL.

Al_Capone_Junior
05-08-2004, 08:05 AM
Al Capone Junior, SteelBallsD
CM Burns, C.M.Burns
thomastem, thomastem
heyrocker, heyrocker

OK. That's my team. Can't pass up the opportunity for free $$.

Oh yea, I talked too much chit on pokerstars so I am chat blocked now for a month (D'oh!). (Pushed the envelope on purpose just to see how far you CAN go). If you wanna BS before, during, or after the "show" we can set up a group chat on MSN that all can have access to. IM me at customcretecreations@yahoo.com on MSN. This might be cool cuz you can talk to people at other tables without having to open another table window.

al

William
05-08-2004, 08:41 AM
A few hours left and here are the bounties offered:

- DrPhysic if catched stealing as described earlier in this thread. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Al CaponeJunior (SteelballsD) because he can't defend himself (chat blocked) and will be an easy USA offer /images/graemlins/grin.gif

- eMarkM because of hes good results lately. He needs the challenge. (and a little because he took my crown) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

A bounty is removed if the concerned player reaches the final table

All bounties are 10$ worth

No bounties on Europeans head?
NO, nobody said life was fair /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

EXTRA PRIZES:

At least 10 crews must be registered for the extra prizes to be paid. i.e. if there is no sufficient interest, only the bounties will be added prize.

fat nutz is excluded from this game, No prices or bounties will be paid to him.

That's all, good luck to everybody.

William /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS. Remember that I will not be playing (very, very little chance of the contrary) so those who have me in their Crew, must chose an other player. If they don't, t_perkins/stoneii/Sheriff fatman (in this order) will take my place in their Crew.
- Doug, we have a LL bet. If I don't make it, the bet is off.

Al_Capone_Junior
05-08-2004, 09:15 AM

La Brujita
05-08-2004, 09:37 AM
I will stop by to root you all on, I would have played but I have a commitment in the middle. I hope you all have a good time.

BTW I am on kind of a hot streak so it is lucky for you all I am not playing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sheriff Fatman
05-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Looks like 2 of my original entries won't be participating.

I go for:

Stone_Eyes
t_perkin 2+2
ByronKincaid
TheStrength (I assume he's going to sign up - if not then me, debaser)

Still all European, as before. We're gonna kick Uncle Sam's ass! Bring it on! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sheriff

Stoneii
05-08-2004, 11:50 AM
I think Sheriff and Byron are going to peak perfectly for this one and Tyler is always a hard man. My man to take it all down though is Tim 'ice cold in Iceland' Perkin.

I've assumed that Praying can't make it and with William missing, it looks like North America might just get a place at the final table /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

My crew then without fear or intimidation is all Euro, the only problem I had was who not to include as we are spoilt for choice.

t_perkin 2+2
Debaser
The Strength
ByronKincaid

G'Luck Euros

stoneii

Things just get stronger and stronger for Europe, PM is in, YEEEESSSS. However, I'm sticking with my top 4 but would like to add my subs in following order if any can't make it above:
HelmetSky, Poker Jon, Mike Haven and myself Stone_Eyes.

t_perkin
05-08-2004, 11:50 AM
My team:

C.M.Burns
Al Capone Jr (SteelBallsD)
Stone_Eyes
Praying Mantis (HelmetSky)

if any of them don't make it then heyrocker is my sub.

Tim

DougBrennan
05-08-2004, 11:57 AM
William,

I would like to ride the following horses for today's tournament:

Al: SteelBallsD
C.M.Burns
Ed: eMarkM
thomastem

These four studs will carry this jockey to victory!

And since William will be unable to participate in our LL bet, I hereby make an OPEN $10 Last-Longer Challenge bet to ANY AND ALL Euro members who wish to take it. Any accepting message in this thread prior to the moment the tourney starts will be accepted. Bring it on!

Doug

DrPhysic
05-08-2004, 12:00 PM
Stoneii,

I think I have just convinced PM to play.

Doc

DrPhysic
05-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Vinny can't play, so my list of 2+2 SNG organizers stands.

Kick butt guys!, and may the euro's on my list finish 3rd and 4th so they can pay the TOLL also.

Doc

Stoneii
05-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Doc, who's Malta 1?

PrayingMantis
05-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Here's my team. 3:1 to the Europeans, which is much smaller than the *real* advantage the Euro team will have against you, Amerrricans! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

t_perkin
Stone_Eyes
ByronKinCaid
DrPhysic

Go Europe!

DrPhysic
05-08-2004, 12:15 PM
I do not know MALTA 1. If he(she) is 2+2, that name is not registered on 2+2. If Malta 1 wishes to play on a team, he needs to make a reply to my post “NORTH AMERICA vs EURO CHALLENGE #1” announcement and signup
under his choice of team, presumably euro, and declare his Stars Name so we know who he is for scoring purposes.

Doc

DrPhysic
05-08-2004, 12:17 PM
I know not why your choice of team includes me when there are notables such as Praying Mantis out there, among others, unless there is credibility to the lie that the fix is in for the organizers with Stars.

I wish your chosen team luck anyway!

Doc

Stoneii
05-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Doc

Malta 1 is their Stars name (signed up for tournie) but don't know their 2+2 name. Anyone own up?

stoneii

PrayingMantis
05-08-2004, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
know not why your choice of team includes me when there are notables such as Praying Mantis out there, among others, unless there is credibility to the lie that the fix is in for the organizers with Stars.

I wish your chosen team luck anyway!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll tell you why. In my view, you have a reputation of making 1st place, or nothing. That's my impression from the games you won. If I take one american in my team (I really don't know exacltly why...) I prefer him to take 1st, because then I'm gaining relatively more points from W on this bet.

But bets aside - Go Europe!!!!!! Don't even think I'm supporting you today, Doc!!! (only if it will end up HU, with you against another American. But chances are ZERO!)

dogsballs
05-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Byron Kincaid
CM Burns
dogsballs (going against my policy of not picking myself; but I'm due a score - plus I'm good at the bubble /images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

Al_Capone_Junior
05-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Anyone wishing to chat live and uncensored (yes, even you Euro-trash types /images/graemlins/grin.gif) can do so on MSN!

I'll be there along with T Perkin and anyone else who wants to join the group chat! Very convenient for me since I am chat blocked at stars!

Just buzz me up...

Anyone (other than you know who) is welcome to join in the conversation!

Customcretecreations@yahoo.com on MSN

al

wayabvpar
05-08-2004, 01:06 PM
Ok, I finally got around to registering, so here are my picks (among those who are registered thus far, about an hour before the cards are in the air)-

DougBrennan (d9090)
eMarkM
CMBurns
heyrocker

daveymck
05-08-2004, 02:28 PM
Site went down so am in for Euro team but wont make any picks as people are out already.

C M Burns
05-08-2004, 02:36 PM
dam u all, I never seem to do well when people pick me, 0-2 now. I'm going to have to start bribing the judges.

wayabvpar
05-08-2004, 04:20 PM
Heh- I took you and heyrocker both times thus far...may be time to revise! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Al_Capone_Junior
05-08-2004, 04:22 PM
1. D9090
2. FloppedFlush
3. Al Capone Junior (yea ME! /images/graemlins/grin.gif)
4. T. perkin
5. Stone Eyes
6. Thomastem
7. eMarkM
8. Jedi333
9. wayabvpar
10. toro85
11. codewarrior
12. dogsballs
13. Walstib
14. helmetsky
15. TaxGoddesss
16. fat_nutz
17. daveymck
18. heyrocker
19. C.M. Burns
20. Woodguy55
21. DrPhysic
22. MALTA 1
23. debaser
24. byronKincaid

This tournament should be hereto known as the "Suckout Spectaculare."

Even the final hand... D9090's A9 was too much for Flopped Flush's AJ, both all in BTF! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Report to follow later.

USA! USA! USA! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

al

DougBrennan
05-08-2004, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This tournament should be hereto known as the "Suckout Spectaculare."

Even the final hand... D9090's A9 was too much for Flopped Flush's AJ, both all in BTF!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus my brilliantly conceived strategy of calling Flush's all-in with what I was sure was the second best hand. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It was indeed a Suckout Extrordanaire even by Star's standards. And frankly, winning on that hand was distinctly unsatisfying. I mean, I'll take it, but it doesn't feel wholly earned.

Doug

wayabvpar
05-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Doug, you played brilliantly, and earned it. There wasn't one person at the final table who didn't suck out on a hand or two- you just picked the right one to do it on! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PrayingMantis
05-08-2004, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Suckout Spectaculare."

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure was. And one of the most brutal suckouts was your A7 (or A6o), hitting its miracle diamond flush on the river against my TT...

Yes, I know that it doesn't matter HOW it happens, when you're all-in PF, but it still hurts more when it's the DAMM DIAMOND ON THE RIVER!!! Especially after my tough call of your re-raise all-in.

Good game, though. We had 2 confrontations, I won one and doubled up, and was 7:3 to win the second and double up yet again. But that's poker. You got your chips back... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good show for the Euro team, especially Tim and Stone. Great game, guys. It's a pity you had to fight BOTH the Americans AND Star's random generator, that was obviously on the americans' side. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great fun. Hope this will happen again!

DougBrennan
05-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks Way.

And I think you make stellar picks!!!

Your horsie Doug

Al_Capone_Junior
05-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Hell he even sucked out on me, my A$ vs. his KJ!

Of course I made a couple "teeny-weeny" suckouts of my own during the course of the tournament....

al

Al_Capone_Junior
05-08-2004, 04:40 PM
These 2+2 things are great fun. The Super-Genius invitational will be underway soon. I am about done waiting for the nuts, so I am going to take what I can get and make it no limit hold'em!

al

Stoneii
05-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Listen, don't get me started on suckouts. I'm mucking all AA's from now on - I mean even a team-mate fleeces me with 'em. Jedi trounces them with his KQ made into a boat and finally Doug jumped on whipping my A9 with his A4.

Ok Ok so I did give wayabv a bit of a suckout but it only counts when it's against me!!

Good game folks, thoroughly enjoyed and look forward to next one. William will likely expect to log on and see maybe 2 or 3 fallers by now /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stoneii

DrPhysic
05-09-2004, 08:16 AM
FINAL SCORES AND PLACEMENTS
Weighted Final Scores
228 Team North America
164 Team Europe

Place Points Player Team
1 44 Doug Brennan, d9090 NA
2 39 FloppedFlush NA
3 36 AlCaponeJr, SteelBallsD NA
4 33 t_perkin 2+2 EU
5 30 Stoneii, Stone_Eyes EU
6 27 thomastem NA
7 24 eMarkM NA
8 21 jedi, jedi333 NA
9 18 wayabvpar NA
10 15 Toro, Toro85 NA
11 14 codewarrior NA
12 13 dogsballs EU
13 12 Walstib NA
14 11 Praying Mantis, HelmetSky EU
15 0 Not a team player
16 0 Not a team player
17 8 daveymck EU
18 7 heyrocker NA
19 6 CMBurns, C.M. Burns NA
20 5 woodguy, woodguy55 NA
21 4 DrPhysic NA
22 0 Not a team player
23 2 Sheriff Fatman, debaser EU
24 1 ByronKincaid EU

Tim Perkin has verified the team points spreadsheet.

Way to go USA!

And fun was had by all, I guess.

Doc

t_perkin
05-09-2004, 09:23 PM
hmmm. I suppose you dirty USAers won fair and square. NOT! it was bloody suckout city!

Anyone worked out what is going on with William's bounties?

This forum has gone a bit quiet....

Tim

DrPhysic
05-09-2004, 11:23 PM
I was hoping that today or more likely tomorrow (as William is probably in Sweden playing poker today), we would see a post from Wm on that.

The forum has gone very quiet since yesterday. I think maybe everyone is trying to figure out how to read it again.

BTW, now that the shooting is over and the good guys have won...

Congrats to you and Stoneii on making the final table.

Doc

t_perkin
05-10-2004, 06:34 AM
g

William
05-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Hi all,

I hope you all had a good time. I am sorry I couldn't join you. when I was back home, the tourney was finished, 2+2 was down and USA had won (you just can't trust those brits).
Anyway, congrats to the N.A. team (I heard you bribed Stars) for better understanding the 78% rule.
Next time we have to have an "english speaking team aginst the rest of us" tournament /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back to the bounties etc...

BOUNTIES:
eMarkM and Al Capone Junior both made the final table and the bountie was cancelled.
-DrPhysic was busted earlier, but as I wasn't present, if the player that busted him has any claims (if the doc lost while stealing as described earlier in this thread) please post here or PM me.

ADDED MONEY:
- As far as I can see, there were 9 crews registered in these thread and as the minimum required for the added prize to be paid was 10, it seems as I am saving some $. Again, if someone means I have made a mistake, please post.

If what I write is correct and no pay-outs are due this time, I'll add some more prizes next time, hoping the tourney will attract more players (weekends are no good it seems) or I may create a private tourney one of these evenings (yes, I can do that)

Again, congrats to the winners
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

William

PrayingMantis
05-10-2004, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Next time we have to have an "english speaking team aginst the rest of us" tournament /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

William, if I understand correctly, that means you and me, against all others...

Well, I don't think they hold a chance! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW, it was INDEED the official 78% tourney. Capone still owns me his stack!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stoneii
05-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Alas Praying I have to miss the Euro SnG this week due to work commitments (I'm on lates again supporting US office hours this week /images/graemlins/frown.gif).

Just as I was getting you looking over your shoulder too /images/graemlins/grin.gif

G'Luck

stoneii

Al_Capone_Junior
05-10-2004, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Next time we have to have an "english speaking team aginst the rest of us" tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, JESUS speaks ENGLISH ONLY! Damn Euro-Freaks! That's cuz Jesus is a WHITE GUY from the USA! USA! USA!

oops... that's sounding too much like Moneymaker...

forget it!

al

PrayingMantis
05-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Stone,

I don't know who's the luckier guy between us, but I'm going to miss tomorrow's game too! /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

A good friend of mine is getting married. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Well, I guess we both have to worry a bit now... all others will be very happy to read this, I assume.

But you know - it's a one big game anyhow!

Stoneii
05-10-2004, 06:19 PM
you get the best deal - wedding or work /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'll take the wedding /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Enjoy - we'll pick up the challenge next week then when the others get a chance to bunch up a bit closer /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

stoneii

jedi
05-10-2004, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Listen, don't get me started on suckouts. I'm mucking all AA's from now on - I mean even a team-mate fleeces me with 'em. Jedi trounces them with his KQ made into a boat and finally Doug jumped on whipping my A9 with his A4.

Ok Ok so I did give wayabv a bit of a suckout but it only counts when it's against me!!

Good game folks, thoroughly enjoyed and look forward to next one. William will likely expect to log on and see maybe 2 or 3 fallers by now /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in all honesty, I was on a short stack with the KQs and didn't care what you had at the time. Sorry for the suckout /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll be posting 3 hands which I think I messed up on. I want to get some feedback on these.

PrayingMantis
05-10-2004, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll take the wedding

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt.

BUT WHY DO IT ON THE 2+2 SNG NIGHT, OF ALL NIGHTS????

/images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yeah, I'm sure going to enjoy it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stoneii
05-10-2004, 06:49 PM
jedi - please don't apologise for the suckout - the whole tournie was littered with them and I got a share of the action too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If I'm with the best of it in a 2+2 event I'm happy (and it's hard not to be when you get dealt AA /images/graemlins/wink.gif). I'm still very much a learner and do my own fair share of suckouts especially agin these sharks.

Cheers

stoneii