PDA

View Full Version : Call with overcards on the flop?

eric5148
05-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: eric is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">eric 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
eric checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, eric calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
eric checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

River: (8 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">eric bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10 BB, between eric and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by eric (10 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
eric shows Jh Ac (one pair, aces).
UTG shows Kc Ks (one pair, kings).
Outcome: eric wins 10 BB. </font>

This probably wasn't a +EV flop call, but it wasn't a total loss. After the hand, UTG majorly tilted and called me down with anything. I ended up making about 15 more BB becuase of it.

thirddan
05-03-2004, 08:49 PM
i don't like the 3bet preflop, especially since the raiser was UTG...you are getting 14-1 on your flop call so i would see the turn...

RED_RAIN
05-03-2004, 08:58 PM
I play a lot of $0.50/$1.00 limit (for now). I don't like this 3 bet with an UTG raise either. With A-J o/s what do you think you are beating? What do you think CO called with? You also don't know what BB has. Unless you know UTG is a weak player who raises a lot even UTG, I would have just called or folded cheaply. I would have check/folded the flop since it's not in your favor. Yes you did crack his hand, and yes he went on tilt, but you were pretty lucky, especially against his hand.

SofaCoach
05-03-2004, 10:40 PM
I fold this preflop. Would you have folded the turn if he had bet? (like he should have. what was he thinking?)