PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I have bottom pair, I want a cookie!!!

PokerBob
05-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Is this awful? Or just bad?

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG posts a blind of $1.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, SB folds.

River: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 6.50 BB, won by CO.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by CO.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
CO doesn't show.
Outcome: CO wins 7.50 BB. </font>

LAGmaniac
05-03-2004, 08:26 PM
I'd Check/call the river, I don't think you're getting Jacks or Nines or any medium pocket pair to fold for one bet on the river at party 1/2. Also isn't this supposed to be posted in micro-limits?

Homer
05-03-2004, 11:15 PM
I probably wouldn't make the turn bet against four typical opponents, but it isn't horrible. What needs to be addressed most is the river bet. What are you hoping to accomplish with the bet? Are you hoping to be paid off by a better hand or to get a worse hand to fold? On this board, no better hand is folding and while worse hands may call once in a while, most of the time you'll be called by a better hand. You're betting off checking and hoping to induce a bluff from a busted draw. Also, a better hand like a 9 or J might check behind.

-- Homer