PDA

View Full Version : your thoughts on this hand

scdavis0
05-03-2004, 07:19 PM
I pick up AQo in late position with one middle position limper. The blinds are $1/$2. I raise it to $6. Both blinds fold, limper calls. Flop is 2 4 7 rainbow.

MP checks to me, and I check behind with the idea of taking a shot at the pot on the turn if he checks it again. Turn is another 4. MP checks to me, and I bet $10 into the $15 pot and MP calls.

The river card is a Q. MP bets right out $35 (the size of the pot). What do you do?

Ben
05-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Call.

.b

scdavis0
05-03-2004, 07:29 PM
Two things,

What are the chances he would bluff in this situation?

What are hands that he would bet for value that I am actually beating?

Ben
05-03-2004, 07:40 PM
He called a raise PF and then played it passively. Looks like overcards to me.

I put him on KQ.

Worth a call in my head.

.b

bunky9590
05-03-2004, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I put him on KQ.

Worth a call in my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

My same read precisely. Though he could just as easily have the same hand. Its a flat call and it not close.

Next time mention stack sizes. However. I pot this flop after I raise Preflop 100% of the time.

scdavis0
05-03-2004, 08:07 PM
I agree that it is a flat call. I think it's a bit closer than it may seem on the surface. This would be a very odd bluffing situation. If you put yourself in the other guy's place, you can't think a pure bluff in this circumstance would have much chance of being successful.

I can believe that he would bet KQ, QJ, and QT (and AQ of course) for value in this circumstance and these hands do seem like reasonable holdings. I am getting 2-1 on my call, so this is a call, but as I said it's closer than you might think.

By the way, he showed over KK and scooped the pot.

bunky9590
05-03-2004, 08:17 PM
KK? ah happens. He played it like a little beatch though. He should have gotten a lot more out of that.