PDA

View Full Version : ALL INS ON THE FLOP

luggie
05-03-2004, 07:03 PM
what to do when i have the top hand on the flop? i seem to be making mistakes goin all in when i have the best hand at the present time,because i get out drawn on the turn or river.I have lost to many hands it seems like when i get trips on the flop(small pock pai)Iflop a set but not the top pair.The turn and river kills me.Do i slow play the set to see that i am possible beat on the next two cards,or just make a solid bet so i dont lose my whole stack? tahnks for your input

Chris Daddy Cool
05-03-2004, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i seem to be making mistakes goin all in when i have the best hand at the present time,because i get out drawn on the turn or river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are paying too much attention on the results rather than the play. If you go all in with the very best possible hand and someone wants to call your bet, isn't that a good thing? You are still a favorite to win that pot. Just because you see a possible straight draw on the board doesn't mean you shouldn't bet. If you're too scared to bet, than you probably shouldn't be playing. It just sounds like you're running into suckouts and bad luck. But just remember in the long run, you'll be getting the best of it and win money.

luggie
05-03-2004, 07:29 PM
chris it hase nothing to do with being afraid to make the bet.Look at this hand i hold pocket 3 opposing player holds A 6 off suit.Flop is A 3 A I flop the boat. He bets 5 dollars i go all in for 35 dollars.He calls.Turn and river is 5 5.Now im done.If i call him all the way down i dont lose my stack.Now he got to GREAT cards to beat me.Did i miss play that hand?

Chris Daddy Cool
05-03-2004, 07:47 PM
No. You played it perfectly. He just got lucky. Remember, dont' pay attention to the results, because you'll have no control over what cards will fall. Just remember, at the time you made your all in, you had the best hand and if you can't get all your money into the pot with the best hand, you either do not understand this concept well enough to be playing NL or you just need more experience. I think its a little of both. Just keep on playing, making the correct bets, and I promise you, your results will improve.

Schneids
05-03-2004, 08:17 PM
If you flop a set (or boat) and end up losing the hand at showdown, you probably did something wrong if you did not lose a lot of money on the hand.

Girazze
05-03-2004, 08:21 PM
At the time he made his all-in bet, he DIDN'T have the best hand. His opponent could have very well had A3 or AA. No way he could know at that time. Based on the opponents $5 bet, he had a decent hand, no doubt, and felt it was good enough to call the all-in when it was bet. Yes, he got lucky with the turn/river cards but should he actually have gone all-in with his boat only being 3s full of As when there were two As on the board? Answer is most likely a "yes" and also seems he was beat no matter how he played it. The 5 on the turn would have been considered a rag. The river 5 would have definitely raided a small flag but odds are most of the chips would have been in the pot by then.

Chris Daddy Cool
05-03-2004, 10:58 PM
Well said. /images/graemlins/smile.gif