PDA

View Full Version : Will the real LAG, please stand up

vkotlyar
05-03-2004, 06:50 PM
currently 6 handed 10/20 w 1/2 kill game. The fish are stuck...real stuck. So is the club owner, who is a bit LAG, but can lay down a hand. I post the kill in the cuttoff, and get dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. LAG raises in CO-1. I call (comments?). Fish BB calls.
FLOP: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
LAG bets, and we both call.
Turn: 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif.
LAG bets, I raise (comments?) BB fold, LAG 3 bets, and i call.
River: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
LAG bets, I raise, and he calls.
Any1 play it differently?
vitaly

Manzanita
05-03-2004, 07:12 PM
vitaly,

I would have played the turn differently. Instead of raising I like just calling which encourages the fishy BB to call too. A raise pressures the BB to fold (since he has to call 2 big bets cold) plus it opens you up to being re-raised. Since you have no hand and could possibly be drawing dead this is not a desirable situation to be in.

-- Manzanita

vkotlyar
05-04-2004, 06:03 AM
Manzanita: the reason for my raise was to take the pot down on the turn. Both of them could have blanks, and therefore cannot call the raise...its happened a few times during the session. once this guys starts betting, he will not stop unless some1 shows some aggression
vitaly