PDA

View Full Version : Pointless polls! Cartoons!! Which are the best?

Al_Capone_Junior
05-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Yea, I am a big kid, that's fer sure. I've loved cartoons since I was a little kid. The only difference now is that I am past 21. Every day I watch some cartoon, at least for a little while. I even have over 150 hours of cartoons on video tape! I want all my friends to have me killed when I finally grow up (that will likely never happen, so I am not very worried).

So here is my poll for the best cartoons. Please vote, express your opinions, and feel free to elaborate in great detail...

Enjoy! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

al

asdf1234
05-03-2004, 03:48 PM
How does Family Guy not make the list?? Well, at least if you're a white male age 18-35.

Jezebel
05-03-2004, 04:24 PM
The roadrunner/coyote cartoons are the ultimate in classic cartoons.

Sooga
05-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Dear God man... no Rocky & Bullwinkle??

Andy B
05-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Family Guy is/was a great show (don't have cable and turn on the TV an average of less than once a month these days, so I really don't know whether it's on the air somewhere or not). My favorite line in the whole history of television is when the dog says to the dad, "7 pm and you're still wearing pants? What's the occasion?"

Leaving "Bullwinkle" off the list is criminal.

moondogg
05-03-2004, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How does Family Guy not make the list?? Well, at least if you're a white male age 18-35.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously Simpsons is the best from the options given (a lot of the others are enteraining in their own right, but Simpsons kinda blows them away).

However, the omission of Family Guy is a crime against all that is just and good. I never thought that I would see a show, much less a cartoon, that was better than the Simpsons, but Family Guy is, without a doubt, the greatest show ever.

"I love this job more than I love taffy. And I'm a man who enjoys his taffy. Mmmmm."
- Adam West

Malone Brown
05-03-2004, 05:17 PM
How did Futurama not make this list...what an outrage!

RcrdBoy
05-03-2004, 05:20 PM
I love Samuri Jack. Great story line and great animation.

Genndy Tartakovski makes some great cartoons.

Mike

M2d
05-03-2004, 05:44 PM
animaniacs

Scottnyce
05-03-2004, 06:19 PM
Fox just ordered 22 new episodes of the family guy due to the high DVD sales. The new episones will be shown on the cartoon network......

LetsRock
05-03-2004, 06:29 PM
It's hard to beat the classic Waner Bros toons, they take it easily over the Hannah/Barberra stuff of the same era.

Ren and Stimpy is a riot (if you're in the right mood).

Omission of Rocky and Bullwinkle is indeed a -EV move!

No Clutch Cargo? Speed Racer? Ultraman? Johnny Socko?

Come on! As long as you gonna waste time, you might as well make it a complete waste of time!

JoeU
05-03-2004, 06:45 PM
Finally, a poll with meaning!

Anyone not voting for Bugs Bunny should be considered a Communist! He is the cartoon character of numerous generations (and don't anyone bring up the big rat in Orlando! /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Rocky and Bulwinkle missing this list is like not raising AKs (insert Sklansky quote here).

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the likes of Space Ghost, Thundar the Barbarian, and Birdman. They are always on Boomerang and make the $100 for digital cable well worth it.

Joe

PS: I'm a big kid too! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bunky9590
05-03-2004, 07:23 PM
DISCLAIMER:
This post is not of a serious nature and all children under 18 or those who have not stepped away from a cardroom for a week at a time might not want to continue.

But, beings that my friend dave started this thread, I figured I'd take it to "the NEXT level"

I'll just say the things you've always though but were afraid to admit. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Alright Scooby Doo.
Lets me just say that Daphne is way too hot (and way to stoopid to not be blonde BTW.) That 70's stewardess look is just way cool even for a cartoon.

Jetsons
I'm sure that Judy would be the odds on fave, but my vote is for Jane. A definite MILF. Such a soccer mom type (with a jet minivan BTW) but she definitely looks like George is leaving her a bit unsatisfied.

Japanese Cartoons
(SPEED RACER)
Alright, lets get it out in the open. Trixie was a tramp.

Kim Possible:
Major high school cheerleader hottie. However, looks like the type that if you don't do it the way she likes it when she wants it, she's gonna beat you down to chinatown.

Al_Capone_Junior
05-03-2004, 07:39 PM
Once I got past the disclaimer, I knew you couldn't resist Kim Possible. She a FHA - future hotties of america!

Isn't it great that Sarah Michelle Gellar plays Daphne on the movies? HOTT! I always had a thing for Daphne too when I was but a lad, watching scooby doo on TV. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

al

bunky9590
05-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Yeah SMG as Daphne is way too hot.
It was a nice excuse to see the movie because my 4 y/o daughter is a Scooby Doo nut.

Now if only they casted Britney Spears as Velma. (Hey, A guy can dream right?)

Sarah Michelle Gellar and Britney Spears. Hmmmmmm.
Gotta be every guys fantasy right?

MicroBob
05-03-2004, 08:23 PM
i'm partial to the Superfriends cartoons of the 70's (also parodied on South Park).....and if you're talking hot-cartoon babes you can't overlook Wonder Woman and that Cheetah-character from the Legion of Doom (meow!!!).and don't forget Jana of the Wonder-Twins.

Cartoon Network used to show the Super-Friends weekdays at 3 or 4 i think. but they also used to include the old Superman and old Batman cartoons....which was TOTALLY inappropriate. they had to place in a SuperFriends show.

now they don't show the superfriends at all which is just terrible....i think it's on their spin-off network called 'Wham' or 'Boom' or something but i don't get that channel.

anyone who has played against me on P-Stars knows that i also dig the Space Ghost Coast to Coast cartoons (including the various Brak spin-offs).

South Park rates highly for me also.

and Comedy Central still shows reruns of 'The Critic' from the early 90's with Jon Lovitz doing the voice-work for an over-weight movie-critic. great show.

Bob T.
05-04-2004, 01:00 AM
Leaving "Bullwinkle" off the list is criminal.

Agreed.

sfer
05-04-2004, 01:48 AM
This is too funny Bunky. But you forget to mention Josie and the Pussycats.

Daphne vs. Thelma is a much easier choice than Ginger vs. Mary Ann.

rusty JEDI
05-04-2004, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Before i saw your post, i went up and down the list 3 times looking for Family Guy.

Stewie: Cut my steak
>> servants cut his steak
Stewie: Cut my milk
Servants: but, but, but, sir?
Stewie: Imebeciles! Freeze it, Cut it.

Pure gold.

I must admit though. I absolutely hate Brian the dog.

rJ

arfsananto
05-04-2004, 07:53 AM
I picked the Simpsons, but agree that Bulwinkle should have made the list. And what about Underdog?

ynotgolf
05-04-2004, 08:22 AM
Zorac cracks me up.

Al_Capone_Junior
05-04-2004, 08:40 PM
Don't even force me to make another pointless poll! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

al

slavic
05-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Were are the misc. line drawings of Sandra Bullock?

What a scam..... nothing but second rate material in this poll.

bunky9590
05-04-2004, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Daphne vs. Thelma is a much easier choice than Ginger vs. Mary Ann.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the closer choice would be between Thelma vs. Scooby.

Josie was a major hottie BTW.
Its just the brunette chick in the band was such a be-a-tch.

Al_Capone_Junior
05-04-2004, 08:51 PM
You're a sick, twisted @#$%^.

your name is added to the super-genius invitational list.

al

Al_Capone_Junior
05-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Results of votes after two days or so...

Bugs Bunny / Daffy Duck / the old warner bros cartoons
8 15%

Super-Geniuses, all eight of us. Ultimately, there was no contest for me, I grew up with bugs bunny / roadrunner show, and I maintain they are the most classic of all time.

Spongebob Squarepants
1 01%

Surprised there weren't more votes here, cuz spongebob kix total ass. one of the best new cartoons of all times.

The Simpsons
26 49%

Absolutely the best friggin prime time TV show, let alone cartoon, ever.

Dexter's laboratory
0 0%

I love Dexter's crazy friggin' problems. Especially "ocean commotion" and "Rasslor" with Randy "macho man" Savage

Powerpuff girls
1 01%

Bubbles is my fav, of course! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Johnny Bravo
0 0%

My fav one is when Johnny goes to ancient rome looking for a pizza and winds up in the colliseum

Scooby Doo
1 01%

Not my personal fav, but I love that they always debunk the ghosts and such as being pure frauds

Popeye
0 0%

A few of the old popeye cartoons are REAL twisted, thus my listing it

Flintstones
1 01%

The predecessor of the Simpsons. Excellent still to this day.

Jetsons
0 0%

I have the jetsons movie on video

Misc assorted japanese animation adventure type cartoons

1 01%

Never liked em' myself. Prefer mostly comedy in cartoons.

The movie "Heavy Metal" and other such serious / not for kids cartoon movies

1 01%

Small category but I love the movie Heavy Metal, esp. the first scene with the vette, and the scene where they are landing the space craft under the influence of "plutonium niborg"

southpark
5 09%

Twisted #$% @#$%@ @!#$%@#$! I luv em! Fav Cartman quote "If I didn't have a guy's hand up my ass right now, I'd kick you in the nuts! "

Ren and Stimpy
1 01%

Fav one is the one when they meet "little Johnny"

Two Stupid Dogs
0 0%

Great cartoon, short run but very enjoyable.

Ed, Edd and Eddy
0 0%

Eh, a friend likes it, it's cool enough to maybe list.

Kim Possible
0 0%

"Future hotties of america" bratty teenage girl cartoon. But the USA needs the FHA!

Angry Beavers
0 0%

Fantastic cartoon. Loved every one, esp. the one where they have the "big beaver book of dares"

Rocko's Modern Life
0 0%

I have about 30 hours of just rocko on tape. Heff! Heff!

Other comedy / for kids cartoon
1 01%

There's always one!

Tom and Jerry
2 03%

Not my fav, but they made a LOT of tom and jerry cartoons

Other not listed cartoon of any variety
4 07%

Four freaks from hell, all voting for family guy probably!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

al

Andy B
05-04-2004, 09:55 PM
My favorite cartoon babe is Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Yow.

nicky g
05-05-2004, 10:00 AM
I think "the old Warner Bros" cartoons is a bit general. There were a bunch of diffent cartoons, and a bunch of different people worked on all of them. My ideal vote would be "anything by Tex Avery", which includes a bunch of Bugs Bunny, most of the Droopy cartoons, but especially the cartoon fairy tales (eg Red Riding Hood, wherenthe wolf bangs his shoe on the table, pops his eyes out, rolls his tongue down the stairs etc, or the one where the three little pigs are fighting the Nazis).

I almost voted for the Simpsons, but there have just been so many dire episodes for so long now that it's almost tarnished the entire show. Close though. I agree that Futurama definitely needs to be on there ("Hey, you wouldn't hit a guy with x-ray glasses!"). In the end I voted for Bugs/Warner etc. Rocko's Modern Life was great though.

WDC
05-05-2004, 10:23 AM
The Batman and Spiderman cartoons of the mid nineties;
Recess
Weekenders
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Underdog
Kim Possible
HeMan and the Masters of the Universe

nicky g
05-05-2004, 10:43 AM
Two kids cartoons you may not have got in the states:

Dungeons and Dragons (no relation to the boardgame; about a group of kids who get transported by a fairground ride to a parallel universe)
and
Ulysses in the 31st Century - scifi version of the Ilaid/Odyssey stroies. Both were great.

Phat Mack
05-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Final answer:

Rocky and Bullwinkle
Mr. McGoo
Gerald McBoingBoing
Crusader Rabbit
Astro Boy

Special award for recent feature length:

Spirited Away

Hottie award:

Jessica Rabbit: "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way..."

(I'm too modest to vote for myself.)

SevenStuda
05-11-2004, 07:47 AM
Family guy without a doubt the best cartoon ever. No questions asked. Anyone who doesn't agree simply isn't a rational person.

sthief09
05-11-2004, 10:36 AM
Simpsons has been around for so much longer, so I don't think that's fair. I laugh harder at Family Guy, but they've been on TV for 3 seasons. The Simpsons are in what, their 16th season? It's fair to say it's funner, but better is unreasonable IMO.

tripdad
05-13-2004, 05:00 PM
most of you i can tell have no young kids. if you did, you would be watching spongebob squarepants and the vote here would not even be close.

watch it. then take another poll in a year. you won't regret it.

cheers!

Al_Capone_Junior
05-13-2004, 07:14 PM
I must agree. Spongebob ROCKS. I watch it almost every day.

al