PDA

View Full Version : Turn action please

sfer
05-03-2004, 01:47 PM
All 3 are ABC players, slightly loose preflop, play okay postflop. Should I be 3-betting this turn?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (11 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qd Kd (two pair, kings and queens).
BB shows 2s 7s (high card, ace).
MP3 shows Kh Th (two pair, kings and tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 11 BB. </font>

BaronVonCP
05-03-2004, 01:51 PM
This one is close. They have to have specifically J9 or AJ, but could have QT, or KT. Could be semibluffing with sometihing like QJ or KJ. Definately need to call the turn at least. But putting a raise in is probably +EV.

Lost Wages
05-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Preflop: You should routinely be raising multiple loose limpers with KQs from any position.

Flop: Good bet. I always bet out with top 2 pair. You will often get raised giving you a chance to 3-bet.

Turn: Since you have the BB trapped, likely on a flush draw, I would be inclined to reraise. Calling isn't terrible as long as you bet the river if a blank falls (of course the A isn't a blank). You don't want him taking the cheap showdown.

Lost Wages

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-03-2004, 03:00 PM
All 3 are ABC players, slightly loose preflop, play okay postflop.

Oops, for a moment I thought the BB had clubs, so I'll edit this post. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bisonbison
05-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Did you revise your opinion after seeing what the BB held?

He got a free look and flopped a flush draw.

oh, nevermind.

Trix
05-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Raise preflop.

MP3 players dont limp with AJ, so J9s is the only likely hand that you are behind, unless he slowplayed 88, which he probably didnīt on this drawheavy board.
Turned two-pair is on the other hand very likely.

PokerBob
05-03-2004, 03:43 PM
If I'm MP3 I raise the flop without a second thought. Am I nuts?

PokerNoob
05-03-2004, 04:48 PM
They could also have 88 and TT and cap you. I'm not sure I like reraising on a board that could get really ugly on the next card, or your'e drawing to a river 4-outer. Weak/tight thinking?

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-03-2004, 06:48 PM
I didn't get the edit in fast enough. After I posted originally, I started thinking about what I thought I saw and figured nobody could be that dumb. So I went back and read the original post and saw my mistake.