PDA

View Full Version : QQ preflop with an All-In...

JrJordan
05-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Good afternoon fellas,
I've been in a sticky predicament about 3 times this past week with QQ, and an all in coming preflop. There have been slightly different circumstances each time, so I'll give some detail. I'm playing $25NL at party poker. I know the general rule for KK is to go all in with it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

JrJordan

BigBiceps
05-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Your question is ill-defined.

You need to consider:
1) position
2) other player's actions
3) the stack sizes
4) the nature of the game
5) the amount in the pot currently.

To me #5 is the most important, but I don't see how your question can be answered without considering the variables.

josie_wales
05-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Hi,

You are going to have to give a bit more information to get an answer to this question.

It is very difficult to hear a question such as "Should I go all in preflop with QQ"

I know it is redundant (to some) but there are so many factors that influence such a decision including, but not limited to: (1) Position the all-in came from (2) action before this players all-in (3) stack sizes of the players that already acted (4) stack sizes of the players left to act. (5) Your stack size in relation to the all-in raiser and the other players (6) Your table image if he is raising all in to you (7) current size of the pot (8) type of player making all-in bet (your read --- if any -- on him).

Try to post each of the 3 hands. You may find that the answers you receive from each are different.

And be careful with

[ QUOTE ]
the general rule for KK is to go all in with it

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also situationally dependent.

JW

BigBiceps
05-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Josie,
Did you copy my post, or were we just thinking along the same lines minutes apart....
BB