PDA

View Full Version : Dumb fold or dumb luck?

roundhouse
05-03-2004, 12:18 PM
Sorry, just had to get this one off my chest...

Party 0.5/1, 10 at the table. I'm dealt T /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG+1. UTG limps; my play. The table is pretty loose, there are a couple of players behind me who seem to like raising pre-flop, which I don't fancy so I fold... Two more limpers and the blinds stay in.

Flop comes J /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and it checks around.

Bugger.

Turn card is (of course) the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Bugger. Bugger. Bugger.

LP bets and takes the pot unchallenged.

I would've played it from MP or LP (right or wrong?), was this a foolish fold or was I right to bail?

RH

sublime
05-03-2004, 12:42 PM
Key words being "likely to raise" make this an easy fold.

Even without those key words I fold.

StellarWind
05-03-2004, 01:09 PM
I play QTs UTG ... unless there is a lot of preflop raising.

You called the table the way you saw it and made a reasonable choice. Next hand.

kiemo
05-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Knowing I am going to hit the Royal if I dont fold, I probably play this, I might even raise.

ThrillFactor
05-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Good fold given the table conditions you describe. Don't sweat it.

Rico Suave
05-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Hey Kiemo:

[ QUOTE ]
I might even raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a must raise. Not even close.

--Rico

Tosh
05-03-2004, 01:43 PM
Unless the table has been insane, I.e. 3 bets + each hand you can limp this.

roundhouse
05-03-2004, 02:26 PM
If I start bottling and selling this hindsight, how much do you think I should charge? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bisonbison
05-03-2004, 03:14 PM
I play QTs UTG at any loose table. With a limper, I'd play it all day.

"Seem to like raising pre-flop"? Unless that means that almost every hand was raised, this is a routine limp.

Either way: don't worry about it. The EV difference of limping or folding on any given QTs here is probably very small. If either is a mistake, I doubt it's a major one.