PDA

View Full Version : Please analyze any errors for me.

rusty JEDI
05-03-2004, 03:55 AM
I am at stars doing the recent deposit bonus and clearing it with $30 + $3's. In the last 9 tournies, i have a grand total of 2 3rds to qualify as money finishes. I cant seem to win a coinflip when it counts. The ones i want the most help are in bold.
1. Final 3 and me and another guy at 4000 and other guy has the rest, we get all in preflop with him raising, me reraising and him pushing. My AKo goes down to his 33 on a random board.

2. 4 way, and we play for quite a while, i started as short stack and have not done anything to improve and am wittled down to below T1000 on 100/200 blinds with a 25 ante. I push from button with A2s and called by bb big stack with 69s and he hits a pair.

3. Blinds 50/100, im in LP and 2 limp I push KQs trying to grab all of the blinds out there and sb calls and has me covered with J9s. Flop my Q but two of his suit, turn his flush and im gone. Disregarding the loss, what do you think of the push with KQs to grab all of the table blinds and limps.

4. 3 way, and one giant stack vs 2 of us with approximately T2000. Bigstack folds on button, and i push A5s, and called by bb with QJs. Bring on the queen and im out.

5. 4 way. On sb with T2000 and bb also T2000 while other two are above us and both fold. I push with 22 and called by AQo, bring on the queen again and im out. Looking back this play needs some work. What is the appropriate play from my sb with 22 here.

6. 5 left, blinds 50/100, AA utg and i raise to T300, bb calls and flop comes JT6. At this point he has 1400 and i have him covered, he leads into me for 300, i raise to 700 so if he calls he has 700 left and he calls. Turn 9 and he pushes I call and he shows QJo top pair and open ender but i have over pair at the moment. River brings on his open ender 8 and im crippled. Out a few hands later. Thoughts?

7. 7 left and blinds only 25/50 but i get all in with my JJ vs his AQo and another coinflip down in flames with an A flopping.

8. 50/100 im UTG and i raise QQ 3xbb. UTG+ 1 calls cold, and LP pushes 2300. I have T2400 and i push adding an extra 100 to the pot, UTG +1 pushes his in and has me covered. utg+1 has AA and LP has AQs and im in big time trouble and out.

9. blinds 75/150 6 left, I have T2400. I limp with the hopes of reraising with AA first in from mp. c/0-1 limps, c/o limps, and button pushes T2000 and i call and HU vs his 99. Flop of course his 9 and for good measure river another 9 for his quads. Me and my 400 chips left bow out shortly after.
WOOOHOOOOO Playing while i write this and i won. enter 4 way with T6000 and large chip lead, there is a very small stack of 700. utg who has 2000 raises 4x bb of 50/100, i push QJo guessing he wont risk missing money finish with such a short stack in there, but he calls JJ, i get a Q and i busted him. (woohoo, put a beat on someone) I continue to wield my bigstack vs player with T3500 because he wont play me because of super short stack who keeps surviving his blinds. Eventually i bust the guy who was in second, so now HU vs super short stack and i win.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rJ

Losing all
05-03-2004, 04:43 AM
3) I do the same thing, and you got the best of it, called by dominated trash, bad break. Nothing better than stealing the blinds, and a limper or 2.

5) I make the same play most of the time. Your only other options are fold(weak tight) or limp/mini raise and fold to a reraise or a flop bet once you miss the set(even weaker IMO) If he was a decent player you might have gotten him to fold AJ and maybe even some over pairs. Ducks suck, but if you're going to play them(and I think you should here) allin is best.

6) Hard to argue with your play here. I might have pushed at his 300 flop bet though.

rusty JEDI
05-03-2004, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the reassurance "sp?" When you start losing you start doubting i guess. But, if anyone sees anything wrong in any of that let me know.

More good news though. I won the next tourny after that last one also. Things seem to be averaging back out.

rJ

t_perkin
05-03-2004, 07:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

3. Blinds 50/100, im in LP and 2 limp I push KQs trying to grab all of the blinds out there and sb calls and has me covered with J9s. Flop my Q but two of his suit, turn his flush and im gone. Disregarding the loss, what do you think of the push with KQs to grab all of the table blinds and limps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too risky by a long way. It is still early in the tournament and often you will get one caller and be the dog (AX or PP).

[ QUOTE ]

5. 4 way. On sb with T2000 and bb also T2000 while other two are above us and both fold. I push with 22 and called by AQo, bring on the queen again and im out. Looking back this play needs some work. What is the appropriate play from my sb with 22 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the fav but not by much. And you could of course be a big dog. What were the blinds? if not big then just small raise and fold to a reraise (which he probably will). If big then either push or limp, if puts in a small raise then push in, if he pushes in then fold.
Many will argue with this.

Hand 6 is fine. Although I would raise a little stronger on the flop

Hand 7 personally I don't mind getting all in PF (at this buyin) with JJ. Many will disagree, but I reckon you win far more often than you lose. (exceptions made obv. for particular shows of strength or tight players etc.)

Hand 8 I would do the same I think.

Sounds like you are having some hard luck. Just sit tight through it:

[ QUOTE ]

The only sure thing about luck is that it will change

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim

obex
05-03-2004, 09:46 AM
You don't mention the stacks for all the players in these situations but one thing to consider, when you're stealing blinds like in scenarios 3 and 5 is how much you need to raise for your steal. Why risk your whole stack when most people will fold the same hands to a smaller raise. Why not raise 3x BB? If you run into a caller and you don't hit the flop, you can get away from it. If you get reraised by a significant amount, you should probably drop it. KQs and 22 are not the most dominant hands and chances are if you DO get a caller you will be an underdog or at best 50/50.