PDA

View Full Version : QQ

joker122
05-03-2004, 02:41 AM
CO seems "steal happy" but hasn't showndown yet so I'm not sure what his standards are.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
CO shows Kd 8d (one pair, kings).
Hero shows Qc Qh (one pair, queens).
Outcome: CO wins 6.75 BB. </font>

Comments?

Edge34
05-03-2004, 03:52 AM
Hey joker,

I'll try, in my late-night convoluted way, to analyze this one.

PF - Clear 3-bet, good play. Duh.

Flop - Good bet, the guy's in classic steal position and this flop, while scary to you, may have completely missed him. Duh, again.

Turn - Bet here. Your check gave him confidence that maybe, just maybe, his kings were good (which they were, but he was just as scared of that Ace as you were).

River - Clear call. No telling if he just hit a T and will be losing to you or if he had it all along.

Looks good everywhere except the turn. Maybe you could've gotten him to lay down, maybe not. Probably would've been worth the shot, if only to find out what sort of stuff he'll stick to.

-Edge

Saborion
05-03-2004, 04:06 AM
If you want to go to showdown, which I'd want with that hand in that situation, then you'd better of betting the turn and going for a free showdown. Doing so, you might get him to fold a better hand, and it'll cost you the same. If he check-raise you on the turn, it wouldn't be too hard to fold the hand now would it?