PDA

View Full Version : sticking with my flush draw

mosta
05-03-2004, 02:14 AM
party 5-10.

Qs3s in CO. 5 or so limpers. limp along. 7 see the flop unraised.

As Ks Qc. first to act bets, next raises, folded to me. I call. three-bet, four-bet, to me. I call.

2c. three of us, two at war, me along for the ride. Bet, raise, I call. Three-bet, four-bet, I call.

Ac. ... I fold. both had JT, one, club suited.

No-brainer?

Lost Wages
05-03-2004, 09:19 AM
Qs3s in CO

Yuck. Make that double yuck.

Lost Wages

mosta
05-03-2004, 12:16 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=567253&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1

[ QUOTE ]
6. Four players limp, and you have Q7s on the button.

Call. This is almost straight out of HPFAP. These guys play terribly, and you have a chance to sneak in with a barely-worth-it hand and see the flop. Do it. Folding is close, and raising is probably bad (but not that bad).

8. Two players limp, and you are on the button with K6s.

Call. See Q7s. You have position and a reasonable hand. See a flop against these clowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

The preflop play I think is marginal but not really controversial (Ks2s I wouldn't have thought twice with). Why am I posting it then? I don't know--it was so many bets, so much calling. I could have tried three-betting the flop, but it would not have happened to make any difference. Barring a missed limp-reraise with AA /KK /QQ that backdoors a boat, my hand can only make the nuts.

Lost Wages
05-03-2004, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have eight opponents, all of whom play terribly. They each play more than fifty percent of their hands... something like any pair, any two suited, any ace, any king, and any connector. They are not sensitive to position. They call raises with almost any hand they would play for one bet. If it is three bets to them, they will tighten up some, but they will still play hands like 33 and A2s. They raise their better hands... but better for them often means stuff like A9o, 55, and K8s. As a result, most pots are five to eight ways, and 30-60 percent of pots are raised (depending on who is presently steaming).

[/ QUOTE ]

You left out this part. While Party players are bad, I don't think that they are this bad at 5/10.

Lost Wages

Ulysses
05-03-2004, 12:53 PM
As I posted in that thread, I think those calls are quite marginal. I'd fold both Q3s and K2s in your position. And, of course, there's a difference between CO and the button.