PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this Big Blind Hand

absentx
05-03-2004, 01:18 AM
Okay this is at a 5-10 game at the new poker room at Potawatomi in Milwaukee. Okay, I am in the big blind and I check, there are four other limpers in the pot. An early position player who is clearly very new to poker, doesnt understand blinds or the different betting on different rounds. To the left of him is an equally new player who literally plays every hand. To the left of him is a player with a little more skill, but lost 200 playing blackjack before he came to poker, but he was aware of the game and what people were doing, finally the last player in the pot was an older guy who said he had been playing cards for thirty years and yada yada but was down hundreds of dollars, didnt play many hands, and played the ones that he did play kind of passive.

on to the hand, I am in the big blind with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Flop comes: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, EP1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets, LP1 calls and I raise, EP1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, LP1 folds

Turn comes: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif)

I bet, EP1 calls, MP2 folds

River comes: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)

I bet, EP1 raises, I fold

thoughts, comments?

cold_cash
05-03-2004, 01:29 AM
If you're going to fold to a check-raise, why not just check/call instead?

Rico Suave
05-03-2004, 10:44 AM
Hey absentx:

I play the hand the same way till the river, where I usually check call in a situation like this. But I think I am often too passive on the river.

Folding to the river raise would be entirely dependent on my read of my opponent.

--Rico

Lost Wages
05-03-2004, 10:45 AM
I think you should ask for a new deck.

Lost Wages