PDA

View Full Version : Hand 3 of 3 - am I weak tight?

06-19-2002, 03:17 PM
This hand is not so much being weak tight as it is a question about giving a free card in a delicate situation.

I am in MP (UTG +2) with KcQc and raise. Get called by BB and UTG. Everyone else folds.

*** FLOP *** : [ 2h Ks 5c ]

Check to me, I bet they fold, I make 4 bucks.

Question is would you give a free card here or is that suicide? I think giving a free card would be a mistake, but making 4 bucks on these cards hurts when you have been looking at junk for the last 25 hands!

As always - thanks in advance!!!

PaulF

06-19-2002, 03:24 PM
Don't slowplay one pair. EVER.

Money is made in HE when more than one person has a good hand. You were the only one with anything there so you didn't make much money. Move on.

KJS

PS> Don't slowplay one pair. EVER.

06-19-2002, 04:35 PM
It's quite simple. If you don't bet, they will catch up and pass you. Would you rather win $4 now or lose $8 later?

06-20-2002, 03:22 AM
Paul,

Giving a free card in this situation does not appear to be dangerous. Really there are very few cards that cripple you on the turn.

Notice also that you have a backdoor flush draw, making your hand that much stronger.

If I were in your shoes, I'd give the free card and then bet the turn. Makes your turn bet look and smell like AQ and probably will get at least more $$.

Mike