PDA

View Full Version : disgust of iraqi pow photos

trippin bily
05-02-2004, 08:49 PM
the head of the UN has said he is " disgusted " at the pictures of iraqi prisoners being humiliated. the arab world has of course been " infuriated " by the pictures.
I dont remember such a response when the americans were drug through the street and then burned and then hung. the muslim religion is based purely on killing so it seems, and the UN are the apoligist for radical muslims. im disgusted.

Gamblor
05-02-2004, 09:44 PM
Perhaps we should compare the treatment of those the US has captured to the treatment of those the Islamist rebels have captured/murdered.

Even the Ba'athists treated American prisoners with some degree of care.

Let's imagine the situation if GWB were captured by al-Sadr's cronies.

stripsqueez
05-02-2004, 10:04 PM
eye for an eye is a form of justice that has for some time been discarded

arguing that they did bad to us therefore we should do roughly the same bad to them is silly - its judging yourself by thier terms

if Iraqi prisoners were humiliated then its bad when judged by an evolved, civilised society

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

BadBoyBenny
05-02-2004, 11:00 PM
First of all, I'm pro America all the way...

That said, how anyone else has ever treated anyone else has no relevance to the fact that what happened in those prisons was horribly wrong. America, has taken the role of leaders of the free world and as such we are, and should be held to a higher standard.

If this actually enabled either implicitly or explicitly by higher US command or intelligence it is even more disgusting. Anyone and everyone who has a voice on international media should condemn it, especially Americans.

I know we have troops over there dying, but that is the price of going to war. It in no way justifies humiliating and torturing prisoners who may be able to provide us information. I won't make any opinions as to whether the conflict in Iraq was justified, I mainly waffle on that issue as I read posts in this forum, however we decided as a nation to go to war. Our president requested it and Congress aprroved it. We also have no justification for commiting any atrocities on any level because of anything that was done to us in the past. Whether our actions are better than Saddam's is irrelevant also because his is a ludicrous standard to hold the leaders of the free world to.

IMO, The rest of the world hasn't stuck up for America in the past for the same reason that the average person couldn't care less when their richest neighbor's mailbox gets smashed. It's part envy and part anger at perceived or real arrogance.

jokerswild
05-03-2004, 09:23 AM
Several Iraqis have been murdered in US custody. The US permits systematic torture by civilian "contrators". This type of comparison is not favorable to the USA, as Iraq was attacked without provocation.

adios
05-03-2004, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
eye for an eye is a form of justice that has for some time been discarded

arguing that they did bad to us therefore we should do roughly the same bad to them is silly - its judging yourself by thier terms

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh ???? That's not how I read his post at all. I wonder how you conclude that he is advocating the mistreatment of Iraqi prisoners.