PDA

View Full Version : "I have to fold. If you can call, you have to do it."

eastbay
05-02-2004, 06:23 PM
This was the BB talking to the SB, 3-handed at a PP $100 SnG while I'm all-in and the SB is deliberating a call.

#1 - This is blatant cheating, right?
#2 - Is there any recourse for this? Will PP ever do anything about it?

eastbay

TylerD
05-02-2004, 06:26 PM
Yes and yes i think PP are (surprisingly) pretty good at sorting things like that out.

eastbay
05-02-2004, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes and yes i think PP are (surprisingly) pretty good at sorting things like that out.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case, I was on more or less a bluff with T8s, was called and won the hand and the tournament anyway, so I lost motivation to follow up on it.

Has anyone had anything done about this kind of thing in the past? What happened?

eastbay

benfranklin
05-02-2004, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. The BB wants you two guys to go head to head. He doesn't care who wins. He's trying to egg on the SB.

It's the old classic: "Let's you and him fight."

eastbay
05-02-2004, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. The BB wants you two guys to go head to head. He doesn't care who wins. He's trying to egg on the SB.

It's the old classic: "Let's you and him fight."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's a difference here between saying "call!" and saying "I am going to fold."

The former is questionable, but the latter is flat out collusion, isn't it?

Can someone with B&M experience chime in here?

eastbay

benfranklin
05-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Oops, I may have spoken in haste. If it's to the SB, and the BB is still to act after that, then it is wrong. Sorry.

Many people complain about a player folding in a situation like this and then urging another player to call. That's what I was talking about.

Daliman
05-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Well, it sounds bad, but it's not collusion. It is, of course very bad form, but little different than rail talk. You may be thinking of this in the same vein as 3 people in a hand with one allin and asking for a checkdown, as I did at first, but it's not the same. He's giving no real info that BB won't find out as soon as he folds anyways regarding his own hand, and likely doing no more than telling the BB something he already knows.

NotMitch
05-02-2004, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, it sounds bad, but it's not collusion. It is, of course very bad form, but little different than rail talk. You may be thinking of this in the same vein as 3 people in a hand with one allin and asking for a checkdown, as I did at first, but it's not the same. He's giving no real info that BB won't find out as soon as he folds anyways regarding his own hand, and likely doing no more than telling the BB something he already knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I'm misreading the BB told the SB he was going to fold before the SB had acted. This is collusion.

eastbay
05-03-2004, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's giving no real info that BB won't find out as soon as he folds anyways regarding his own hand, and likely doing no more than telling the BB something he already knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? BB was talking to SB.

eastbay

37offsuit
05-03-2004, 08:13 AM
Typically what you find is the BB simply folds out of turn, which of course is unethical and might receive a warning, but nothing else. I think if it was verablized (although I've never encountered it) there would be a problem. I just don't know how the floor would resolve it.

Al_Capone_Junior
05-03-2004, 01:28 PM
Yes it is blatant cheating. These jerks need to have their feet encased in concrete and their carcasses dumped in the middle of the bering sea in winter.

However, it will be a cold day in hell the day any online site ever does anything about it. Only stars, with their new policy of no chat while someone is all in, has done anything to discourage this crap.

al

jedi
05-03-2004, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This was the BB talking to the SB, 3-handed at a PP $100 SnG while I'm all-in and the SB is deliberating a call.

#2 - Is there any recourse for this? Will PP ever do anything about it?

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was the BB, I'd say this to SB if I had pocket Aces and come over the top of both of you anyways.

But since this didn't seem to be the case, yes it's wrong. BB was telling SB what he would do in advance.

Daliman
05-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Ah, yes. I misread. Blatant cheating. Please disregard previous babble.