PDA

View Full Version : you know it's going to be a good night when..

06-19-2002, 01:19 PM
Online 3/6. I join a game and here are my first 3 hands;

I post in the cutoff + 1 with one additional poster plus the blinds. $10 in the pot already.

UTG+1 open raises. everyone to me folds. I have Kh Qc. I decide to call. without the post I fold this, but I'm getting better than 5-1 and I think the extra blind money lowers raising standards for early players. Comments. Button 3-bets it. Blinds both fold and EP and I both call.

*** FLOP *** : [ Ks 4d 6s ]

EP checks and I bet. Button calls and so does EP.

*** TURN *** : [ Ks 4d 6s ] [ Ah ]

Damn. EP checks and I check this time. Too weak? Button bets, EP folds and I call. I took my time making this decision. I have played with the button before and my check on the turn was an invitation for him to bet. Because he didn't raise teh flop I don't put him on AK. So I think he's got TT, JJ, QQ, KK or AA. Maybe AQs. I decided it's close enough to call.

*** RIVER *** : [ Ks 4d 6s Ah ] [ Td ]

Again I check, he bets and I call.

Played very weakly I know, but I wonder if there are times to allow someone to hang themselves. He had JJ. I won a 10.5 BB pot.

Next hand I pick up As 7s. One limper to me and I limp. Cut off limps and both blinds play.

*** FLOP *** : [ 9d 5s Ad ]

3 checks to me and I bet. Only the BB calls.

*** TURN *** : [ 9d 5s Ad ] [ 8s ]

Now the BB bets. I have top pair bad kicker, 4 to the nut flush and a gut shot straight. I raise him. Is this too aggressive? He just calls.

*** RIVER *** : [ 9d 5s Ad 8s ] [ 4s ]

He checks i bet and he calls. He had A8 for two pair on the turn.

Two hands, two big pots and I look like a suck-out fish. So of course I get dealt Aces on the next hand

I raise from EP, and only get one caller. I thought they might all chase.

*** FLOP *** : [ 6s 5s Ac ]

I check. I decide to give him one card to catch up. He checks behind me.

*** TURN *** : [ 6s 5s Ac ] [ Qd ]

Please let him have a Queen. I bet. He raises. I raise him back and he caps it. Hmmm maybe QQ.

*** RIVER *** : [ 6s 5s Ac Qd ] [ 9c ]

I bet, he raises. Any chance he's got 8s7s? I raise him again and he just calls.

He had 55 and slowplayed his set on the flop too. Hmm, I guess I missed a small bet.

3 hands and I'm up $120. I didn't have to showdown many hands after that. Ended up + 200 for the night.