PDA

View Full Version : Did I make the right move?

lunchmeat
05-02-2004, 02:20 PM
No Limit tourney. Blinds raise every 10 minutes, currently at 150/75. 10 places away from the money. I haven't played a hand since moving to my current table, which has 3 calling stations.

I have 710chips and I'm dealt TT in early position. I'm first to act and I move all in. Was this the right move?

Chief911
05-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Hard to do that in early position IMHO, espeically with a full tale. I dont think I would do it.

Chief911

dundee197
05-02-2004, 03:50 PM
If this was a small stakes multi tourney, where 10 spots from the money really means 100 spots from any real money, then I think you have to push. You have less than 5 BB left and the blinds are almost back to you. You're not able to effectively bet at any pot with so few chips, so an all-in preflop with a pair of tens seems like the only real option.

Even if you are 10 spots from good money (say in a tourney that pays top 9, which I doubt is the case), you're chances of surviving to the money with so few chips are nil. Like I said, you can't really bet effectively so short stacked, so I'd be looking for a hand that gives me a decent chance to double up. A pair of tens seems good enough. If you win, you've bought some time, if you lose (which I'm assuming you did), well, there's always next time.

Tosh
05-02-2004, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hard to do that in early position IMHO, espeically with a full tale. I dont think I would do it.

Chief911

[/ QUOTE ]

What other option does he have ?

eastbay
05-02-2004, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No Limit tourney. Blinds raise every 10 minutes, currently at 150/75. 10 places away from the money. I haven't played a hand since moving to my current table, which has 3 calling stations.

I have 710chips and I'm dealt TT in early position. I'm first to act and I move all in. Was this the right move?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But don't be too surprised when it is your last, either.

eastbay

Greg (FossilMan)
05-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Almost certainly. You definitely are in a raise-all-in or fold situation, and this hand is more than good enough, under the circumstances.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)